T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello
I just started a small business selling t-shirts on the internets and thought that this forum would be a great place to spread the word and get good advice from other people in a similar position. The website is http://plunderwear.com and it has silkscreened t-shirts and sweatshirts with a pirate them, a little plunderstyle if you will.
I welcome any comments and will try to do my best to contribute all I can to the forums.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hey PlunderGuy, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

I dig your website (except for the flash splash page). I was actually going to order one of your tees when I saw it recently :) Pirates are cool.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I had debated that splash page for quite sometime, I personally dont like them(usually), but I really dug the design and in early tests people really responded well to it, it was the first thing they brought up, so I kept it. Sometimes art has to beat function. Anyway thanks for the welcome and check back soon as more designs come available.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Sometimes art has to beat function
Not in an ecommerce setting ;)

Function should always win. Sure, some people may say it was "neat", but I don't think it will help them shop at your site. The ones you have to worry about aren't the ones that say it's neat, it's the ones that don't say anything and just click the back button (because it loads to slowly, because it doesn't offer them anything helpful, because it detracts them from t-shirts). It can also hurt your search engine positioning by offering a page of little value.

Flash splash pages just aren't a good idea on ecommerce sites. Maybe as an optional link if someone wants to watch an animation, but not forced on them.

But that's only my not-so-humble opinion :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts