T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m a heat transfer hobbyist trying to go the next level of POD. I mostly work with vector design. These POD websites want Jpegs and Pngs. Photographs of my designs? Right? So this show up on a tshirt with my design in a white box. The text design part of their app. is rediculose (sp?) in know. Im a fan of not needing inventory and forfillment but i like designing on flexi and not willing to down grade to a remedial design forum. Thanks for listening to my rant!
Signed Aggrevated and Frustrated

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
For DTG POD you should be saving your art as .png files with the background knocked out to transparent. However, do not fade anything to transparent, as semi-transparent pixels will still get a full white underbase, and thus not be transparent at all on the shirt. If you want to fade part of your art to shirt, do so as a halftone, then knock out the background color.

What software do you use to make your vector art for cutting? If it can save to .png with a transparent background, then you are all set.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok guys, I’ve converted to PNG imported to PRINTIFY and the message I get is “low resolution image”, just so happens PRINTIFY has a “new service” which will convert low resolution images to higher resolution images usable by PRINTIFY. This service costs 17% of production cost. There’s also another minimum charge option. This gives me a sour taste regarding this company. Am I being crazy?

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
When you create your .png you want it at 300 dpi and whatever X and Y dimensions Printify requires.

Upscalling a raster image produces useless poop for output. They would be recreating your art, maybe vectorizing it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts