T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the heat press world and I have been getting a few orders in for T's. Recently I had a HS Golf coach ask If i could make towels for the team, since I don't have embroidery I tried to make them with Vinyl. I washed the sample to see if the vinyl would stick in the wash, it did but it came out very wrinkly.
I need some advice.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I did some towels years ago I washed (no soap) and dryer then heat pressed for 15 sec before applying the vinyl. I think your towel is shrinking.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree, the textile was probably not pre-shrink. Make sure you use proper temperature and time on the transfer. As seben indicated, detergent is not recommended. Residual detergent could hinder the adhesion.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Oh yea I want to add I used a washing machine cleaner. Being a service tech for 15 years I can tell you that there is a lot of residue in a washer unless you have a newer front loading washer.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Without taking apart the best you can do is use a product called wash machine magic. Run 2-5 times depending on age of washer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
sben763, how do you get the residue out?
The cheapest way is to run your washer with a pack of Kool-Aid Lemonade flavor (that is the ONLY flavor that works due to the citric acid in it) poured into where you usually put your detergent. I had been doing this for years and when the repair guy came to fix the blown pump on my front load a couple weeks ago he pulled a package of kood-aid out of his tool belt when he was finished, dumped it in my washer, and started it. Asked me if I had ever heard of it and swears it's better than any machine cleaner you can purchase.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.