T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
56,238 Posts
Unless you particularly like the mystique of having the site as it is now, you may want to consider including some of the explanation you just wrote for us above. If I was a customer I would look at the site, conclude it was in a language other than English (I'd've guessed Icelandic), and close the site.

I agree, as a person who loves cool t-shirts, even though you explained it here, the website as I saw it would turn me away because I would have no idea what I'm looking at.

While it would be nice if everyone just bought without knowing, the truth is, consumers want as much information as possible when they make their purchashes...especially online. For non-native speakers, there's always the little worry that the words on their shirt might have some obscene meaning without them knowing.

That's the whole purpose of text on a website. Since you can't be there to answer questions to the visitors that come to the website, your webpage must be there to answer any and all questions that might pop into the potential customers mind. In sales language, you have to overcome all of their objections to buying this weird-but-cool t-shirt without knowing anything more about it.

You're trying to make a sale. You have to sell them on your product.

Even if people like the design, they will just be admirers without being compelled to buy unless they know how they connect with the design and why they should buy it.

Here's a site with a similar (but not identical) concept. They do a good job at explaining the text and trying to answer questions:
http://www.buildingcharacters.com/

· Premium Member
56,238 Posts
Can you please let me know what you think of the text? (I've only added it to the US site so far).
The text is very well done! A nice addition.

When I revisited the page though, the first thing that stuck out to me were the t-shirts animating really fast. Made the page really busy and hard to stay and read the text.

I think static t-shirt images would work better to keep it "minimalist" as possible. I like the idea you mentioned of having them randomly rotate, but the animated images is a bit much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.