T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this is a dumb question... but still have to ask:

After I expose a screen and wash it out (before printing)... you need to let it dry - preferably in front of a fan standing up (from what I have heard).... but....

could you possibly run it through the conveyor dryer quickly to do the same thing? I guess I would have to think that MIGHT be too much direct heat for the emulsion and/or screen... but just curious.

· Premium Member
12,270 Posts
Melted mesh ahoy-hoy I would think. You can carefully use a hair dryer to speed up drying (keep it moving), but it's not uncommon for people who do that to burn holes in their screens :)

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have several issues with whether or not I am even exposing/washing out correctly and have had some "issues" with blowouts and such. I am overly cautious about wiping anything on the screen until completely dry. But I may give that a try too.

Is it best to dry a screen vertically or horizontally after washing it out? I thought about putting it back in my drying rack that I use when I coat screens... just LOWER than the previously coated ones.

Thanks

· Registered
2 Posts
I've heard, but haven't tried yet, that if you want a quick dry after cleaning an exposed screen to put it back on your exposure table for 10 minutes. BUT YOU BETTER MAKE SURE ALL OF YOUR EMULSION IS COMPLETELY CLEANED FROM THE IMAGE.

Allow the lamp to re-cure it. It helps dry and even harden the emulsion better, preventing paint from getting into any wet and still softened emulsion. Again, I haven't tried it but I may today since I have a heavy order. I'll try to let everyone know how that works out :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.