T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's getting hard, the print or the shirt? How are you measuring the temp? What kind of shirts, and what material are they? What color ink, and how much ink are you putting down?
The Print
Gildan 100%cotton
Unión plastisolk ink
Black color ink
Shirts color gray
Screen 169
I use one stroke
Yes I measuring the temp 300f

· Registered
277 Posts
Sounds like you might want to put some softhand in that ink. Or try curing to 320 or 340. If the plastisol is not cured fully it can have a chalky feel to it. Is it cracking if you stretch it? Does it come off if you scratch it with your fingernail? If so you need to heat it more. If its cured fully you might just want to go with an ink that has a softer feel.

· Registered
906 Posts
never used union inks but my blacks are usually the softest of all the other colors since one stroke is usually plenty for coverage, like someone mentioned, add some soft hand additive or cureable reducer and if that doesnt help try a different brand of ink.

· Registered
3,633 Posts
And "hard" is relative. Soft hand or no hand is gaining popularity so any hand may be deemed "hard".

Additives will work to reduce the hand. Gotta be careful though. After washing a few times, the black can look almost faded especially with cotton. That's fibrillation-fibers sticking up through the ink deposit. Some folk actually like it, some don't.

If you want no hand at all, you might try discharge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.