T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are proud to say after 5+ years of building, Walk Away Clothing is now a reality. To say it's been a long and tough road, would be putting it mildly.

We would love any and all feedback, from the site functionality, layout, designs, pricing, ETC.

Thanks for your time and for this great forum.

www.walkawayclothing.com

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
I like the look! So few people attempt black, but you did it well, and it fits with your products/themes.

The first page loaded quickly, so you've done a good job with those graphics. The detail page for each shirt is nicely done; I like the built-in zoom. I would label the front/back views to make it obvious that the shirts are printed on both sides.

I like the page that lists all the shirts, and that you can choose to view them all on one page. Nice and clean (and somewhat like what I wrote for my own site). I always try to convince people to make the first image of the shirt larger. They are 175 tall now, bump it to 250. You've got the room! And put the backside image right next to it. Now the user can see enough of the shirt to be SOLD on it without having to click on ANYTHING. Whereas if they didn't notice anything interesting to them in a small image of just one side of the shirt, would they really be motivated to click and wait for another page? And repeat that process for how many shirts? Let your product sell itself by clearly presenting itself from the very first view. Don't hide it behind unnecessary clicks.

:p Sorry, that is my soapbox. Someone, somewhere once wrote a template with a small view that leads to a somewhat larger view, that leads to a larger view... and I've been moaning about it ever since ;-)

I like it!

And congratulations on going live. I wrote my site last spring, and still have not gone live. Do you print your own shirts? This winter I've been adding some space so I'll have enough room to actually use all the equipment I acquired/built over the past two years. I hope to make it this spring / before summer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the look! So few people attempt black, but you did it well, and it fits with your products/themes.

The first page loaded quickly, so you've done a good job with those graphics. The detail page for each shirt is nicely done; I like the built-in zoom. I would label the front/back views to make it obvious that the shirts are printed on both sides.

I like the page that lists all the shirts, and that you can choose to view them all on one page. Nice and clean (and somewhat like what I wrote for my own site). I always try to convince people to make the first image of the shirt larger. They are 175 tall now, bump it to 250. You've got the room! And put the backside image right next to it. Now the user can see enough of the shirt to be SOLD on it without having to click on ANYTHING. Whereas if they didn't notice anything interesting to them in a small image of just one side of the shirt, would they really be motivated to click and wait for another page? And repeat that process for how many shirts? Let your product sell itself by clearly presenting itself from the very first view. Don't hide it behind unnecessary clicks.

:p Sorry, that is my soapbox. Someone, somewhere once wrote a template with a small view that leads to a somewhat larger view, that leads to a larger view... and I've been moaning about it ever since ;-)

I like it!

And congratulations on going live. I wrote my site last spring, and still have not gone live. Do you print your own shirts? This winter I've been adding some space so I'll have enough room to actually use all the equipment I acquired/built over the past two years. I hope to make it this spring / before summer.
Thanks NoXid,

I really appreciate it, those are some very good (and great) ideas! I will definitely let my designer know about the changes that need to be made, because I agree 110% with you.

I wish you all the luck in the world with your site, when you go live. I wish I was able to print my designs in house, but I found a printer in LA; after searching for 3+. I, like so many others, started looking overseas for printers and it lead to heartache, time and lots of money being wasted. Granted, it took me a long time to find my guys and their a bit more expensive than overseas for sure but they nailed my prints on the first round.

I hope you get to where you need be, so you can open by then. Hopefully, I get a chance to check your site out when it's up and running :)

Thanks again, I really do appreciate you taking the time to give it a look over and share your wisdom.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great. I think you are priced very well on the T shirts for something that is 2 sided, oversize, spot process. Good luck.
Hey Paul, I guess we were priced very well; I was contacted last night by an interested party in LA. We spoke for 2 hours and the first thing they said was; "You are selling yourself and products short". They were actually one of our first orders when we launched and had the apparel in-hand. Needless to say, our prices have been adjusted and we're now moving forward with details; exciting times!

Great looking opening page of your website. I'm following you on facebook now :)
Thanks Racewear, we really appreciate it! Hopefully our FB page will get a makeover soon. I would like to have someone take it over as an Admin, as it is hard to take care of so many things at once; but hopefully that changes soon :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Great site. My only question after poking around a bit is that you don't in depth explain how you will be contributing to the charities you list on your about page (where you say you want to build relationships with those organizations, not that you already have). When you click the link on the home page, it should lead to a page that out lines your plan for donations or whatever you're planning to do for those charities.
Are 10% of sales going to be split between these?
Does the customer get to choose from a drop down menu during check out for which organization they want to support?
Will you have specific products that donate to specific charities?

You should also link to these organizations when you list them on your site so your customers can get more information on who they are supporting by purchasing your products.

Sorry for the winded post. Just a couple thoughts.

Good luck and seriously, great designs and site.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great site. My only question after poking around a bit is that you don't in depth explain how you will be contributing to the charities you list on your about page (where you say you want to build relationships with those organizations, not that you already have). When you click the link on the home page, it should lead to a page that out lines your plan for donations or whatever you're planning to do for those charities.
Are 10% of sales going to be split between these?
Does the customer get to choose from a drop down menu during check out for which organization they want to support?
Will you have specific products that donate to specific charities?

You should also link to these organizations when you list them on your site so your customers can get more information on who they are supporting by purchasing your products.

Sorry for the winded post. Just a couple thoughts.

Good luck and seriously, great designs and site.
Thanks Kristine,

I appreciate the input, we're actually having our website updated as we speak. To answer a few of your questions, we actually donate $1 per item sold, from our end of course. We have actually reached out to multiple organizations, awaiting replies as to the details of becoming a partner/sponsor.

IE: Wounded Warriors of Texas, to become a Sponsor for one of their golf events, you can become a sponsor by donating $1000, which will get a veteran entered into the tourney, ECT.

We are designing and updating our website to include more info and links of the different organizations. As well as, either a drop down menu or icon selection of a charity of the customers choice at checkout. It's straight across the board, a $1 donated for each product sold.

Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.