T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-

So, I have my contract embroiderer and I am looking to have some stuff digitized.. through my Digital art solutions account it says I can use this place called Affinity Express to get my digitizing done at and the prices are really reasonable.

Question is.. has anyone used it and how is the quality?

Thanks,
Stephanie

·
Registered
165 Posts
Stephanie

I know nothing about Affinity Express so can't help with the quality of their work but just as a general statement, online digitizers are a dime a dozen now days and the truth is .... the number of poor digitizers greatly outnumber the good digitizers.

Digitizing is a skill that takes considerable time, knowledge and experience to master. Unfortunately there are too many people who simply purchase the software and then call themselves digitizers.

Many of the poorest designs are the result of auto-digitizing by someone who has no concept of embroidery basics [push-pull, underlays, stitch length, densities, etc.]

Hopefully someone can give you some specific info about Affinity Express.

Good luck

BobK

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi-

So, I have my contract embroiderer and I am looking to have some stuff digitized.. through my Digital art solutions account it says I can use this place called Affinity Express to get my digitizing done at and the prices are really reasonable.

Question is.. has anyone used it and how is the quality?

Thanks,
Stephanie
A few years back we had used them and for the most part they were dependable. Their stitch quality and density were great, esp if u told them what material it was going on. The reason we switched to www.cstown.com was tight deadline digitizing. Had a customer that needed the completed project done in 24 hours... spoke with a representative who said they would have it completed..well it was 2 days later !!!

Additionally they prices were higher than cstown...

Hope that helps:D

·
Registered
638 Posts
Same sort of results. Good quality, fair turnaround and by todays standards maybe a little too expensive all things considered. If I outsouce, I use artworksource dot com and have ahd good results with overnight turnaround in most cases.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feed back guys! I was told by a friend that she uses quality punch.

Have any of you used them before or heard of them?

Stephanie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts