T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious of how many of you guys have an affiliate program for your own stores? Did you go with a company like shareasale.com or Commission Junction or did you buy software and do it yourself? How is it working out so far? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I have an affiliate program with my t-shirt site and I use ShareASale to manage it. So far it has been great.

I looked into Commission Junction, but the fees seemed way too high. There are also several other t-shirt sellers using ShareASale.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Affiliates generate extra sales for you that you may not have had otherwise.

They can expose your site to different markets and be more encourage to link to you and promote your business since they know they will get a commission for doing so.

Finding the "right" affiliates can be more profitable than advertising because they will expose your t-shirt brand to their existing site visitors/community and help you get much needed sales.

Since you are only paying for sales and not traffic, it really is a great way to increase your bottom line.

·
Registered
13 Posts
One word of caution about affiliate programs. There are two or three types of affiliate payment methods; (1) Pay Per Click, (2) Pay Per Visit or something (3) Pay Per Sale. The first two are notorious for spam and sucking up your commission money and not really good for ROI. The third one; Pay Per Sale is a "performance based" program. Essentially it means that the affiliate will get paid only for performance. If the visitor they send to your website doesn't buy anything, you don't owe them any commission. In the first two programs, you owe commission even if the visitor doesn't buy any thing. You will be paying commission just for someone clicking your banner or stopping by your website. Not good ROI...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Pay per sale is definitely the route to go.

One word of caution about affiliate programs. There are two or three types of affiliate payment methods; (1) Pay Per Click, (2) Pay Per Visit or something (3) Pay Per Sale. The first two are notorious for spam and sucking up your commission money and not really good for ROI. The third one; Pay Per Sale is a "performance based" program. Essentially it means that the affiliate will get paid only for performance. If the visitor they send to your website doesn't buy anything, you don't owe them any commission. In the first two programs, you owe commission even if the visitor doesn't buy any thing. You will be paying commission just for someone clicking your banner or stopping by your website. Not good ROI...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts