T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok - I know, I know... Save and get a rowland(sp) lol
BUT - Hubby said I can get a starter cutter and is telling me around 400. I see a few on EBay and just wanted a couple opinions before I buy tomorrow.
I will be using it for simple business T's and also few car window decals & company business window letterings.
So, is a 24" fine? I was looking at bigger but I can't see the need for the items I make. My heat press is only 12x12 but I figure I can gang sheet to cut.
Would I be better getting a 34 or 36" if I am going cheap? I just want to help make a few extra $ to save for a bigger in the future but don't want it breaking down on me. :)
A few I am checking out are USCutter & ones from Flexi Sign (Flexi sign seems to have good customer service & cutting program)
I will be using AI for my design work.
Thanks!
Thnks for any help

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I want to start by saying, I own a Roland GX 24 and a less expensive cutter too. I like the Roland a lot, but my less expensive cutter will cut just as good. The difference is the optic eye and if you don't need that feature or can live without it. The money saved can be used for other things. I know several people who really like the UScutter brand. I suggest you look at them for a inexpensive cutter. I wish you the best of luck. .... JB

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I have to agree with COEDS. I own a cheap cutter as well with no problems at all and very good for just cutting vinyl. Goodluck on your purchase. OH and you said it customer service is key and uscutters is good for that.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
If you want a good breakdown of how the UScutter customers feel, I suggest you send a P M to theflowerboxx. He is a everyday user of uscutter equipment. .... JB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts