T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could use some advice. I have a DTG Kiosk. I have replaced my ink lines, dampers, and printer head. It works better than it did before however I cannot get a nozzle check to print from one of my nozzle. I think I may have a bad printer head even though its new. Before I spend the money for another one I wanted to get some advise on that. I could use a name of a good supplier I have used a lot of ink doing head cleanings and I'm going to need some more.

· Registered
2,866 Posts
Not sure if you already ordered the parts yet? If not, highly advisable to keep a spare capping station, wiper pump, spare wipers and a spare encoding strip... you never know when you will need one on a holiday or weekend and you have an order to get out... They are cheap enough to keep on hand.

I even had a spare carriage on hand, saved me when I had to swap print heads and one of the tabs broke off... that was an ordeal changing but finally got everything back together and working.

As a backup to the backup, I have a complete working 2200 in a box that I picked up on craigslist...

· Registered
5,872 Posts
Not sure if you already ordered the parts yet? If not, highly advisable to keep a spare capping station, wiper pump, spare wipers and a spare encoding strip... you never know when you will need one on a holiday or weekend and you have an order to get out... They are cheap enough to keep on hand.

I even had a spare carriage on hand, saved me when I had to swap print heads and one of the tabs broke off... that was an ordeal changing but finally got everything back together and working.

As a backup to the backup, I have a complete working 2200 in a box that I picked up on craigslist...

We recommend changing the capping assembly (capping station, pump, wipers) once a year as part of a regular maintenance schedule. The capping assembly is a wear part and performs a major function on the printer. As Ted pointed out, it is not an expensive part.

Harry
Equipment Zone

_

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone, hope this is an OK thread to post this in...

Our Kiosk 2 printer is not printing black ink.

For a while now it has been intermittently printing black, some shirts it is fine, then it prints nothing or just a light mist of grey instead of black. For a while we could print a few shirts just fine and then it would stop printing black, we would do an ink fill and head clean and it would work again...

Now if I charge the black damper up by drawing ink into it with a syringe it will put down black ink until the damper seems to run out of ink...

I was planning to order a new print head for our Kiosk 2 (it has never been replaced). The lady didn't seem to think our print head was the problem after I told her about what was going on...Here is a little back info...

I did just replace the printer head ribbon cable (since it was cheaper than the head).

I also flushed the lines and replaced the dampers.

Our capping station is about 3 weeks old and we flush it regularly (we print a lot more than ever before but the white sponge or whatever it is, is generally a lot darker in color even after flushing than it used to be...it does however come pretty clean if you let it soak a while and after a few more flushes)

I have a set of new ink lines but haven't taken the time to put them in yet (I get nice clean lines when I do the with simplegreen and water mixture line/head flush but maybe the lines are still the problem and I should just put the new lines in?)

We keep the machine clean and run it everyday. My encoder strip is new and clean. My head drive belt is not new but it's fine and I have a replacement on hand. We only use DTGink.com inks and have never had any problems.

I can easily draw ink through the lines into the dampers with a syringe.

If I lift the bottles up higher than normal during a print the ink will drip in drops during the print.

I just took the head out and for the hell of it gave it a quick soak
and when checking it out realized I am able to easily spray windex through the head (using a syringe on the spots where the dampers plug onto the head).

I don't think it's clogged at all.

I thought it seemed like an electronic issue with maybe the head or the cable since it was ok and then not and ok and then not for no apparent reason and the problem just got worse and worse until it stopped putting all but the little mist of black down...I just did another test print at 100% CMY and K.

Hopefully this is enough info, please give any advice you guys might have.

We need to be able to print Black ink...

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

· Registered
28 Posts
Hi Everyone, hope this is an OK thread to post this in...

Our Kiosk 2 printer is not printing black ink.

For a while now it has been intermittently printing black, some shirts it is fine, then it prints nothing or just a light mist of grey instead of black. For a while we could print a few shirts just fine and then it would stop printing black, we would do an ink fill and head clean and it would work again...

Now if I charge the black damper up by drawing ink into it with a syringe it will put down black ink until the damper seems to run out of ink...

I was planning to order a new print head for our Kiosk 2 (it has never been replaced). The lady didn't seem to think our print head was the problem after I told her about what was going on...Here is a little back info...

I did just replace the printer head ribbon cable (since it was cheaper than the head).

I also flushed the lines and replaced the dampers.

Our capping station is about 3 weeks old and we flush it regularly (we print a lot more than ever before but the white sponge or whatever it is, is generally a lot darker in color even after flushing than it used to be...it does however come pretty clean if you let it soak a while and after a few more flushes)

I have a set of new ink lines but haven't taken the time to put them in yet (I get nice clean lines when I do the with simplegreen and water mixture line/head flush but maybe the lines are still the problem and I should just put the new lines in?)

We keep the machine clean and run it everyday. My encoder strip is new and clean. My head drive belt is not new but it's fine and I have a replacement on hand. We only use DTGink.com inks and have never had any problems.

I can easily draw ink through the lines into the dampers with a syringe.

If I lift the bottles up higher than normal during a print the ink will drip in drops during the print.

I just took the head out and for the hell of it gave it a quick soak
and when checking it out realized I am able to easily spray windex through the head (using a syringe on the spots where the dampers plug onto the head).

I don't think it's clogged at all.

I thought it seemed like an electronic issue with maybe the head or the cable since it was ok and then not and ok and then not for no apparent reason and the problem just got worse and worse until it stopped putting all but the little mist of black down...I just did another test print at 100% CMY and K.

Hopefully this is enough info, please give any advice you guys might have.

We need to be able to print Black ink...

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
I have same exact problem on my viper. Tech thought maybe an air leak between ink bottle lines. Haven't changed cable lines yet though. But able to suck ink through.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.