T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I've been compiling a list of slogan / design ideas for a while with the intent to submit to a couple of T-Shirt sites like Busted Tees and Snorg Tees.

Has anyone ever submitted to third party sites like these, or better yet, these companies specifically? They offer payment for ideas that they like, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if these companies can be trusted to not ripoff my ideas ... i.e. they will actually pay you for a good idea, not just alter it slightly, or take it outright.

Please let me know and thanks a bunch!

Rick

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Since most of us here are t-shirt sellers we're kind of biased (already inclined towards being willing to make and sell product), but... I'd say most of those sites don't pay enough.

Odds are they won't be interested in your idea. If they are, it's a sign you could almost certainly make more with it on your own.

Sites like Threadless pay a small fortune for design submissions, so they can certainly be worth it. But a lot of the slogan tee sites only offer pitiful amounts ($100 and a free shirt kind of level). If you have absolutely zero interest in selling t-shirts yourself, then a hundred bucks is still a hundred bucks. But it's not much.

As for whether or not I'd trust them... let me put it this way: they're already ripping off other people's intellectual property to begin with. So no, I wouldn't.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been doing the same thing for some months now. The only one that I actually made money from was Fusilly.com. They bought a handful of my ideas, but it ended up not being worth my time.

I think that I was actually ripped off once (possibly), but most other sites pretty much just ignored me. I've got about 100 quality ideas stuffed away, though, in case I ever figure out how to get my own site up and running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts