T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)Hello Ive been receiving several inquires about a website Home to view my tshirt line please give your honest opinion. I published it today for presentation purposes to clarify my t-shirt line exists. Thank you for your feedback

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
It was slow to load for me. :( The only thing that was up at first was the welcome message and left navigation.

Your designs are nice but the little animated GIFs and scrolling text is a bit distracting.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I think the scrolling could be good for business. Your customers will see many more options because it is eye-catching!
Just to clarify, I don't have a problem with the scrolling images ... just the scrolling text that is in 6 different places. ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
To be truthful, I don't like the site! The eyes in the background are very distracting and make the type hard to read. I had several errors on the page, with images, and when I clicked a new page it took forever to load. The product looks good but my advise is simplify the pages and remove anything that distracts from your shirts. Good luck with the site!:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:)Thanks to everyone so far for the feedback. I designed the website from just a blank page. The winking eyes in the background maybe removed once I start taking orders this Fall. Also, I have analyzed the different "distractions" on my website as well. All opinions are valued and I'm glad to be in a community of entrepreneurs and T-shirt lovers like myself. Please be advised that you will see me apply your advice, take heed to your criticism and embrace all positive feedback. Thanks for checking my site out! ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
ok, being very honest I have to say. As soon as I saw the winking eyes background I didnt even want to see the art work. Winking eyes in my opinion are cheesy and reminds me of an adult bookstore neon window sign. (maybe thats just me).

Scrolling text? Thats playedout and not even used on myspace pages anymore. Scrap the entire site. Go with something seethy, grunge, more goth feel, Dark. Dark is cool, and goes witht he whole edgy feel to your art work.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To MikeL,

Thanks for the feedback. The winking eyes are temporary. Updates are being made daily. I did design it myself being a rookie at that, so I applaud my effort. Once you see the other links (men etc.) the backgrounds are different. But do you feel that the site has a "welcome" presence?:confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also applaud your efforts. The artwork is great, I think you have some great designs. I like the scrolling banner - maybe not offset them though? (so that the top banner is timed with the bottom one). I also agree that there is just way too much going on for customers to concentrate on the product - the eyes, the thank you sign jumping out at you, etc. Maybe tone it down (and i DO like the idea of dark, cause it would definitely go with your designs). Good job though, especially for doing it yourself :)
~JT

·
Registered
8 Posts
One more thing i forgot to mention - the links open another web-browser window, you dont want that, because as soon as someone checks out 3 of your links, they have 4 browser windows open. Also - change the page title so that it doesnt read just "home" but rather Docile Clothing, or whatever you want. again, you did do good job.

·
Registered
44 Posts
yeah I would say it is welcoming. The ribbons deffinitely add to the feeling. Its like walking into a store and seeing the BBB sticker on the window.

You did a good job and notice that you are already making changes based on the feed back weve given. Keep up the good work, make sure that your work is the focus, you have a good number of pieces so you dont need any extra info floating around.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all..I'm working diligently updating the site. Maybe I should have a "Thank you" display for the community at tshirt forum..food for thought time for a red bull:D:rolleyes:;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
  • Slow to load (people will abandon it before it loads - it's a common problem)

• The header is grainy and unprofessional. This is because it's uploaded as a JPEG (it needs to be a GIF ideally). Exclude the kiss thing; it's weird and unprofessional.

• Your charity image links need to be more visibly detached from your page (perhaps a border - or relocating them to the side).

• Your first paragraph is confusing and doesn't provide a decent introduction to your company. Instead it engages in some rhetorical analysis of t-shirts and images on them.

• I didn't like the mass of scrolling images - they look like widgets. I'd just have a grid/table of products so the customer can easily pick one and not have to wait til it revolves around.

• In fact, I'd remove all the animated images.

• Your visitor count is too large - and the google search doesn't need to be there - it doesn't search your site.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts