T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
i'm just starting out in the t-shirt printing world and wondered if anyone could give me some advice.
i am wanting to create the following images

for the red/blue 7(flock) do i create 2 designs, cut them then lay them together?

do i do the same for the white/silver 8(plastic)?

the yellow/black 7(plastic or flock) - this is 1 piece of material - how do i print this out so the black design on the yellow doesnt come off?

i hope i have explained myself!!

any help/ advice greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance
Bec

Attachments

·
Registered
582 Posts
hi all
i'm just starting out in the t-shirt printing world and wondered if anyone could give me some advice.
i am wanting to create the following images

for the red/blue 7(flock) do i create 2 designs, cut them then lay them together?

do i do the same for the white/silver 8(plastic)?

the yellow/black 7(plastic or flock) - this is 1 piece of material - how do i print this out so the black design on the yellow doesnt come off?

i hope i have explained myself!!

any help/ advice greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance
Bec
Bec

You will need to create two designs for each pic.
Once cut, layer each colour as required.

What equipment/software will you be using?

Reactions: zxcvbvcxz

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bec

You will need to create two designs for each pic.
Once cut, layer each colour as required.

What equipment/software will you be using?
hi many thanks for that info.
gonna be using corel draw/ inkscape and either a roland gx-24.
do you know if a Roland CAMM 1-CM24 or a Roland RObo-cutter be any good as GX-24 quite expensive
thanks again

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
here is some equiptment to consider.
KNK Maxx 24" rhinestone edition with ACS Software$1499.00
Klic-N-Kut.com: KNK MAXX 15" Rhinestone Edition
I choose this becuase I want a cutter to weed around the transfers Im going to print off my epson and it will also cut vinyl for transfers and it will do rhinestone templets.you may also want ..
asst.rhinestones,rhinestone transfer tape,application bin,setting brush,template material?asst.transfer vinyl
iTS A LITTLE CHEAPER.if you but the roland and decide to do rhinestones you have to buy the r-wear software which is around 500 bucks.Just thought this might be worth considering this option.heres a link to their website.
Klic-N-Kut.com: KNK MAXX 24" Rhinestone Edition

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
you'd only have to do one design each, using illustrator anyways.

type in the number with the type tool. name this layer red (using your red/blk design as an example). then create another layer and name it black. copy the number from your first layer to your second. go back to your first layer and select type>create outlines. now lock the first layer off so you can no longer edit it. go to the second layer select the number and apply a stroke to it, probably a pretty thick one. go to view>outline. using the direct selection tool (white arrow) select and delete all your inner lines leaving you with only which you want to cut. go to type>create outlines once again. make sure you reverse both layers before cutting using the reflect tool. select one layer at a time to cut. that's it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts