T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I represent a small non-profit soccer club who is looking to offset a few of our costs by starting to put the names, numbers and logos on our gear.

As far as logos go, I'm ordering 200 patches with the "iron on backing"

We want to name and/or number our own jerseys, shorts, warmup suits, gym bags, skullies (whool winter hats), t-shirts, polos, etc.

We've been paying $4 per application.

I'm thinking I want to spend between $200 and $300 on a heat press that would have a heat platen of about 12X13 or something around there.

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Would simply cutting so many names/numbers/etc by hand be too much?

Are there places where you can buy pre-cut letters and numbers?

Can anyone suggest a brand heat press?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
You can buy pre-cut numbers in vinyl and plastisol. You might try Stahls for the numbers and a heat press. Probably a 15x15 to do athletic numerals on Jerseys unless you are wanting that Euro look with small numbers. I personally like that look actually. If you actually spent some cash on a press and vinyl cutter...you would be in the game and satisfied. Heatpress vinyl (cad-cut} would solve all your problems. Initial cost is gonna be way high but what you can do as far as team gear is almost limitless. You can also go the way of custom made plastisol transfers but with several different teams it becomes a logistical nitemare.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'd recommend a 15x15 also. Have you looked into stock transfers? You could make your own t-shirts to sell at your events to offset the cost of your equipment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts