T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to this industry and I would like some advice from the experts on this forum.

I'm currently in need of a DTG machine and am unsure which would fit me the best.

- I am looking for a simple/beginner machine.
- My budget is $10,000 (I know the saying, "you get what you pay for")
- Only need to print 200 - 300 shirts a month (rest of the time it will be collecting dust)
- Graphics for the shirts will be very simple
- Will only need to print on light color shirts (at the moment)
- Located in Southern California

I would like to be able to see a live demo before I make the purchase. If possible I would like to pick up locally.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

-Rich

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They sell used ones also
Thanks, I'll look into it.

Question for you, what is the longest duration that you did not print with the gt541 machine? I hear that if you don't print anything for a small period of time, the head unit (i think that's what they call it) will dry up. The reason i'm asking is because I might run into that issue if there is downtime (which there will most likely).

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new to this industry and I would like some advice from the experts on this forum.

I'm currently in need of a DTG machine and am unsure which would fit me the best.

- I am looking for a simple/beginner machine.
- My budget is $10,000 (I know the saying, "you get what you pay for")
- Only need to print 200 - 300 shirts a month (rest of the time it will be collecting dust)
- Graphics for the shirts will be very simple
- Will only need to print on light color shirts (at the moment)
- Located in Southern California

I would like to be able to see a live demo before I make the purchase. If possible I would like to pick up locally.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

-Rich
I would research the forums here, as there is a ton of info regarding commercial printers from members.. at a 10,000 dollar budget on the printer itself your options are pretty much unlimited unless you want a brand new machine..

you can find nearly any used commercial machine on ebay/digismith with your budget mostly epson based but also the brother 541 can be had for this price used aswell.. it really comes down to what machine fits your requirements best after your homework is done;) best of luck.. P.s also check the classified here at the forums..

a few on ebay currently
AnaJet SPRINT SP-200A Direct To Garment DTG Digital Apparel Printer TONS EXTRAS | eBay

2010 DTG KIOSK 3 DIGITAL GARMENT PRINTER SYSTEM! CURRENT MODEL! LOADED! | eBay

i-Dot M&R Direct to Garment Digital Printer with Computer, ink and more........ | eBay

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for everyone's response. I've read a lot on the forum and there isn't much information on printing a limited quantity for my needs.

I don't mind a used machine but I prefer a new machine since they come with a warranty and old ones don't. You never know what problems you'll inherit. Also, I have not seen any of these machines in action so if anyone can recommend a place in the Southern California area, I would really appreciate it (I will be checking out stitch city though).

·
Registered
355 Posts
There are only a few options at that price point.

Whichever option you choose if you are opting to only go for white garments or very light garments it means you will only be using CMYK ink. This means that you will not have to worry about white ink management and would be able to effectively print 200-300 shirts a month without much hassle.

Whatever machine you choose best of luck to you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am high on the dtg raptor we have had our maching for about 8 months and have very little problems with it . We did haave a head get stuck but the tech showed us how to fix it over the phone. I have been very happy also with the assitance from our ditributor . We used messa out of texas and they have been great main thing is learn your art software and also your rip progam

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.