T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using a POD source but wanting to do it on my own since I'm mainly creating T-shirts with just text. I found a Stahl's Lite for $250 that's almost new condition but nothing digital about it. If I use a temp tester and it checks out ok, is it worth it or will I be sorry that I didn't get one thats newer and at least a 15x15 size? No other name brande used ones found less that $700. Thanks!

·
Registered
254 Posts
If it fits your current requirements atm then buy it, its an easy reseller if you need to, but more importantly it gets you into the game. Even if you decide to go bigger later you might want to keep this as the smaller platen offers some advantages especially with kids' sizes.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
that is a decent price for a decent press

try to get paper temp strips from a furnace/hvac repair shop for temp testing

text can be broken up to accommodate your platen size
just move what you have already pressed off the platen before moving on to the next section

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just picked it up. It's like new and was still in the shipping box that they stored it in. Thank you for the advice!
One more quick question... Since this is all manual old fashioned... The platen stays hot for a long time, can it be closed while it's cooling down? Probably a "duh" question. :) Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts