T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everybody!

so i've been at this a little over 5 years now... and have had a ton of problems with various epson printers.

i've had a couple of 1280's... a couple of r280's.... a couple of r260's...and now a 1400...

at first i was using a best blanks CIS with armur ink on the 1280s...but had lots of problems with the yellow clogging.. i'd run the cleaning cycle several times, get a perfect head check... then lose the yellow after half a page when printing.

than, with the r280's... i changed vendors and bought a couple of CISs and ink from Print-On-A-Dime (emery is a great guy... and very helpful!) but only after a few hundred prints.... i'm having the same problem, but now with the cyan. i run the cleaning cycle several times, get a good head check.... then lose the cyan after about half a page.

epson was kind enough to replace the two r280's with r260s after a number of ranting phone calls... and one of them went after about 100 prints.

yesterday... the cyan went in my 6 month old 1400.

i am vexed.

one thing i have noticed is that it's always the ink color that has to travel the farthest... in other words, the cyan is at the far end of the ink tank set up... and the far end of the print head.

is anyone else having this problem?

is there a better, more reliable printed than epson?

any idea, hints, tips, or advise?

in other words: HELP!!!!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I been buying and used plenty of printers over years.
Not expert on sublimation but I can tell you that it is prob. more of an issue that you are using Epsons with consumer built types and that is prob. your main issue.
I suggest investing in a 4000 or 4880 which have more dependable head and made for heavy duty use.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've got to disagree with you here... the 2200 IS a high end printer..... but after just a few hundred prints... the head went out....so i replaced it... 4 months later... i had the same problem.

epson does not want anyone using CIS's with their printers....

especially after my epson repair man told me that they have been "experimenting" with triggers to foil the use of CIS.... they make more than half their profits on selling cartridges... think about it.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I just purchased an epson with a CIS setup from superjetusa.com and with the exception of them forgetting a clip...it has been print fine. I am planning to so some work tonight using it in conjuction with my lp cutter

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
give it a few months... and i'll tell you what you are going to experience... either your yellow or cyan will clog and you will be unable to clear it....

this is a motherboard issue epson uses to foil the use of CIS's.... this comes from my epson repair man.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Hmm well this is another way you should view it...
Epson head are used in:
Most DTG printers
Mutoh and Roland printers(some of Rolands are sublimation printers)
There are a few companies that uses Epson heads
These are not modified heads either and are used in other printing machines....
So saying the Epson heads aren't any good is a false remark.
Not saying Epson is worlds best printer but there heads reign king on market and 2200 ain't top of line and are pretty old printer and again it is a consumer printer

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
lets see...I have used C80, C84, C86, C88+, 1280, 1400 and C88+. Of these I still have and use a C86, C88+ (2 of them), 1280 for wide print..regular ink, C120 for regular transfer using with print/cut option with Roland GX24 and the 1400 for sublimation...NONE of these have had motherboard problem. I did have some clogging issues with the 1280 over about 3 years...finally switched back to regular ink. For sublimation I use the 1400 with CIS and artainium ink and had one clog in 14 months..

For color laser I use Okidata and my paper

So I may be having run of good luck..but......

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmmm. sublimation ink might be the difference....

i have used several brands of ink and CIS's... and all have the same results.

obviously others do too from the number of threads pertaining to this issue....

what am i doing wrong?!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Could be a factor of humidity .... bulk systems tend to be more sensitive to climate
Are you maintaining it on daily bases...? You making sure sensor is clean to. Can be alot of things best of luck sorry couldn't help you more on this issue but like i said Epson are good system :)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
lol woohoo I am given good advice "I think"

Well i know i have heard about people that have put bulk ink systems on larger machines had issues with getting ink or contaminates where ink sensor cart. is...
Could be from not tight connection or something but if you get something on it, than your gonna have error issues.
Also, it can be bulk in system your using with Epson.
I get feeling that you are burning the ink chip the tells printer how much ink to lay down and get error on printer. People will say oh its a surge or this and that but it prob. an issue with to much stress to chip do to fault system...
Like I said I ain't expert in this area but over the years I have heard stories about issues you are having and I suggest changing bulk ink system companies because that is something you haven't changed...
The price they had on systems seem really cheap?? and well like they say " garbage in, garbage out."

If i was you change the bulk ink system companies because changing printer apparently isn't cutting it.
If you think Epson has a chip prevent you to put in bulk system than get an Epson 3000 or 5000 5500
They are older models that prob. don't got that chip but they are heavy duty machine that you can prob. get fairly cheap.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah... i can figure it out....

but see... that's the thing... i HAVE used different CIS's.... and different printers, too. and after a while... i always get the same result. the ink that has to travel the furthest to the print head winds up fading out....

right now... on my 1400... if i press and hold the ink button and "charge" the system... i get 2-4 good prints and then the cyan fades out again.....

thank god for waste tanks! lol!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I always heard people using Epson for bulk systems to be honest with you ha
But I suppose a descent Canon would be a new path to follow??
If you really wanted to broaden what you an do I suggest looking at one of these:
Roland DGA Corporation - HeatWave Wide-Format Sublimation Inkjet Printer and Printer/Cutters
Buy a used one prob. for around 6 or 7 grand
Sure its a bit more money to spend but benefit of 30" machine is these
Your can do more than just small things and you can easily die cut it and use as vinyl cutter
Roland has special bulk ink system for there machine or be lay back with there close cart. for sub.
To me already your out a few grand so, why keep calling techs, and losing profits on faulty printers?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wuts up. I'm in the heat press business and I'm looking for a good printer. I can aford anything up to $500.00 bucks. Aperantly inkjet is wut is good for heat press but I don't know for myself. I want a printer soon so if anybody has any good suggestions I'm all ears. THANKS

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.