T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My second job ever with my new screen printing job was a six color job on the back and two color on the front. My problem is that lining up the colors is down right hard....So here is my procedure and any advice will be helpful. I have also done three colors with same result.
1. Design in made in corel suite x5 in corel draw. Lines are clear and straight.
2. Print positives on laser printer with color separations. I dont have trapping ability with this printer ( I dont think) it is hp laser 3020.
I print paper first to verify all line up correctly then a composite that I put on my platen to line up all the positives to the the screens.
3. Place positives over composite on platen (have 6 color, 4 platen). Pull screen down and then expose usually two at a time. I mark each screen with the number of screen holder they were line up in and the platen that the composite was located.
4. Then I bring it after it drys and try to line it up. I have always gotten small lines between the black outlines and the color. The lines are small but they are there.

I have tried registeration marks but even if they line up the imagine is still off just a little. Of course it is a manual press.
My idea was to try the trapping but then I read some where on here that trapping deletes quality. Don't get me wrong, the customers think the shirts are awesome, but I don't. I know I can improve....

Any ideas or suggestions.

Thank you

·
Registered
41 Posts
light table and clear carriers, M and R has a clear film it's the size of the screen, and gives you tippical location of your prints such as left chest, full front and back, you lay a carrier down, and you line up to the center line, and then you just lay each film over and line up putting each on the carriers, that way it's all registered from the time you get the art till you get it on the press, you may have to micro it all in, but it makes it easyer, in my shop i have to pretty much do it all by eye, it sucks. good luck.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
make sure all your pallets and heads are set up the same. so when you need to micro you have room to play if needed...here is how i place my seps on my screen..2 reg marks 1 at top of design and 1 at bottom.I place my first sep 6" from the top of the frame and centered. my screens are 20x24 so my center width is 10". I use a T square and it makes all the difference in the world. Also when i set up to print i have several markings on my pallet and i use my T square again to line up first screen. I use a old t-shirt to print first color, dry it with my flash dryer..use that to set up the rest of my colors..once i have all my color set up and registered...i tape up any pin holes and reg. marks..Before i start printing I always test print 1 more time..making any adjustments i may need and you should be ready to go..so it was so long winded...i hope i made sence and i was able to help..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts