T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Hi Kriss2fer,

Welcome to the site. I think you are asking how to get customers to your site. Is that correct? Merchants are others that sell stuff. You want customers. Unless you want retail merchants to see your stuff, then just give them your web address.

You want to get the word out that you make t-shirts. You want people to be able to find your site, so you have to optimize your site so the search engines will list it. There are a lot of various ways to do this, and I won't get into all of them now.

Start with some of the basics first. You are still working on your site from the looks of it. You will want to add more text to your home page. It should state exactly what your site is all about. Be creative, and to the point. Search engine spiders will not have much to grab onto if you only have a picture on your home page.

Also, make sure you put some meta tags into the code of your homepage.
They go between the and tags.

Examples are...

YOUR website name here

This will tell robots (spiders) to crawl all your pages for content.

Here is an excellent site that tells you how to Search Engine Optimize your site.
http://www.wordsinarow.com/seo.html Actually, I need to read this too and update one of my non-t-shirt related sites.

After that, actual advertising, word of mouth etc. are the best way to let others know where to find you.

Before you bother with any of this though, make sure your site is up and running and ready to actually sell your stuff. Make sure everything is spelled correctly, and all of your links work.

Your designs look pretty good. Good luck!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.