T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi,

I've recently started an online t-shirt business which focuses on humorous and offensive t-shirts of my own design. Does anyone have any suggestions for online marketing, link exchange programs, or directories where I can advertise successfully? I have a small product line at this point, but I am always expanding.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
What have you tried so far? If you look through some past threads in this forum, you'll see some good resources like adsense, yahoo search marketing, specialized t-shirt directory places like t-shirtshopper.com, buy-tees, etc.

You can also try finding places where your target market visits (humor websites?) and try advertising there.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Custom Product Designer Extension For Magento, Html5 Product Designer Tool

Hi,

I've recently started an online t-shirt business which focuses on humorous and offensive t-shirts of my own design. Does anyone have any suggestions for online marketing, link exchange programs, or directories where I can advertise successfully? I have a small product line at this point, but I am always expanding.
Social Media on Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Twitter is the best way to promote business and also SEO is very useful for promotion & drive traffic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Rufus it sounds as if you need clarity on where to put your online effort, and why. Link exchange programs and listings in directories are not so much 'marketing' as (questionable) attempts to increase organic rankings in Google.

There is nothing wrong with pursuing better organic rankings as a tactic! HOWEVER, you need a much more focused approach before beginning it.

I believe you should define who it is that would be interested in buying your product (persona), where on the web they are likely to be found, and what existing merchants are already profiting from their purchases.

Here is a useful first article on the subject of 'personas' and a template to guide you in creating one. Don't be put off by getting the specifics exactly right - the big point is the thought you need to give to the who, what, when and where of your prospective buyers.

Until you have a 'buyer persona' fairly well developed it would be unwise to invest any money or time in the type of marketing you indicated an interested in.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Another good thing I thought of when talking with a friend who owns his own business is getting a blog up and running. Even if it is just a side part on your website, having a blog that you can link to and from gives you so many more opportunities.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Another thought I had that could help you is to sponsor someone. If there is a local Youtuber or someone like that you could work a deal out so they wear your shirts on camera to get your exposure up. With smaller accounts this can cost under $100.

·
Registered
30 Posts
There is an immense market in the internet to explore your products, You need to have some general knowledge of internet, do some research to submit your business and find some directory and business listing sites for the same. Initially, make your brand awareness on the internet.

Start writing some interesting blog on your product and spread it on social media channels and other sites to make it aware the people.

Email to your frineds about your business to make them aware for the same.

if its not possible for you then hire digital marketing person to handle all your stuff.

Hope you understand, best luck to you.

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Facebook Ad is the best option for promoting your T-shirt business. I used Facebook Ad several times and it works really good. You can target your traffic based of Age, Sex, Geographical Location etc.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts