T-Shirt Forums banner

Is paid advertising on Facebook / Meta profitable for selling custom printed Tees?

• Yes, it's one of the best sales channels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I make some profits through this channel

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No, waste of money

Votes: 3 75.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
come closer said the spider to the fly
(hint: you are the fly, not the spider)

this is not like justice, where you can throw enough money at it and get results
you have to go old skool and get actively involved (cold-calls, on-the-street face time, etc.)

KISS
your website definitely shows your passion for you and your product, but it is imho verbose and overly-complex

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
As into the T said, too verbose. Maybe reduce the text to a shorter, well thought out, bulleted list. Much easier and quicker to read.

Also, I personally wouldn't have gone for light coloured text on a bright green Add to Cart button. It's just not very readable on my PC. A black button may be more in keeping with your website menu system (IMHO).

Product Sleeve Organism Font Screenshot

As for facebook, my daughter used to pay for advertising but achieved very little. Maybe just keep posting your stuff and see what becomes of it, but I'd certainly stick with the website, it just takes time.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Reading lots of posts on FB groups people saying that advertising on the platform is just not working anymore.
Facebook ads only work if you have:
a) something desirable at a very competitive price, and
b) you know how to create targeted campaigns.

Now let's have a look at what you are offering...
Stomach Smile Product Sleeve Gesture
Photograph Product Sleeve Font Screenshot

I'm sorry but this does not look appealing to me.
Why would I pay $80 for some unknown brand, instead of $40 for the Adidas one?
Competing with Adidas is possible, but you will have to make your product desirable.
Gymshark is a really good example for inspiration.
Joint Photograph Facial expression White Muscle

Here is one of their products and I think it looks really good for the price.

As for the website itself, I think the product descriptions are good, but I don't like the overall look of the website.
It looks more a 10 year old wholesaler website.
Again, look at Gymshark's website for inspiration.
Once you are able to do something similar, you can pay people commission and let them drive the sales for you.

Shopify is a horrible platform by the way. Complete waste of money in my opinion.
I had a look for a friend a couple of years ago and it I could not believe people pay money to basically torture themselves.

Ignore the above... I just realized you are using bigcommerce and I have no experience with it.
It just looks very similar to a shopify website. Hopefully it is a better platform.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Reading lots of posts on FB groups people saying that advertising on the platform is just not working anymore.

Interested to hear from anyone who is having success with FB advertising, and whether that is through targeting interests, or how else?

Appreciate any feedback you may have.
I get a lot of likes from new people as well as following our page...new followers. Not usually direct sales from the ad

·
Registered
7 Posts
Likes others said above, graphic design is shining with his absent from your website, and i suppose from Fb advs. I will agree that website must be your main tool. After all is your and nobody can take it from you. I strongly recommend to find a good and experience graphic designer, who does not afraid to disagree with you, and work with him to create a appealing holistic feeling. Also burn those digital bokeh photographs. Better leave this part and all the visual parts like: UI / UX parts to experience designers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts