T-Shirt Forums banner

Advertising on Blogs?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  catscape 
#1 ·
Hey folks,
Have any of you tried advertising your t-shirt sites on blogs? I'm curious if there's a possibility of decent return on investment going that route. I think I read a thread on this forum a while back that mentioned that banner ads are pretty useless in terms of click-through/sell-through. Blog ads are basically just banner ads, yeah, but they're kind of intriguing due to each individual blog being so niche-oriented with their visitor demographics.

Anyway, if anybody has anything profound to say, that'd be cool.
thanks
Honeyflip

#2 ·
Banner ads can work and give you a decent ROI if you are showing the ads in a targeted location.

Blog advertising is just like any type of advertising really. It can be effective as long as you target your ads correctly.

There's a blog ad network at blogads.com, but you may get better results by finding specific blogs that are related to your niche and asking about their traffic statistics. Let them know that you may be interested in sponsoring or advertising on their blog.

Sometimes you can get advertising for just a free t-shirt, other times you can get good rates by just striking up conversation with the blogger. They like to provide related content to their readers, so if your t-shirts are related, there's a good chance they'll accept you as an advertiser.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.