T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Are you catering to a Niche? If so, hit those groups. I also found in my previous biz, that Fiverr had some excellent options to advertise your website. Watch out for the real quirky ones....unless that's what your after, then by all means, go for it. ;)

· Registered
55 Posts
Are you catering to a Niche? If so, hit those groups. I also found in my previous biz, that Fiverr had some excellent options to advertise your website. Watch out for the real quirky ones....unless that's what your after, then by all means, go for it. ;)
I agree you can get some good traffic, But I have found it doesn't convert well or finding reputable seller is hit or miss.

· Registered
9 Posts
SEO is definitely crucial. PPC can help too but you have to be careful. Our chosen industry is insanely competitive since it is relatively easy and cheap to jump into. I met with two different professional marketers when my own store hit a slump. Basically what I was told was:

- Update your site regularly.
- Write keyword rich copy but also make sure it's real information.
- Dumping a ton of funds into a large general PPC campaign is worthless for smaller stores. We will never be able to topple redbubble, teefury, etc.
- Facebook marketing isn't worth the money.
- Social Media is worth doing, but do the leg work, don't pay for it. Make posts, not all business either. Engage with people in your niche, talk to them, promote sparsely. Again, regular updates. Use hootsuite to get facebook/twitter/google+ all linked together.

Hope this helps a bit.

· Registered
9 Posts
Weirdod - Do you have Google Analytics set up on your site? It can tell you how long people are saying I'd say that's a good place to start. If it's only a handful of seconds you may need something catchier.

I personally like the really clean and easy approach to your site. Maybe you should consider text above or below the images to let people know they are interactive though. I know it seems obvious to us but a lot of people aren't the most web savvy shoppers.

· Registered
30 Posts
I'm having a similar problem.
I'm getting a fair amount of views on my site and products but sales are slow.
How do you make these views turn into sales?
My site: Home / Arm Dogs

Wow, that's certainly for a specified group of people, but I like WallyHawk's suggestions for you.

Actually, WallyHawks, thanks for great information that you shared with all of us. I'm a bit behind the wheel here and never heard of hootsuite. Is it the free version or paid version?

Also, are the social media sites that you guys are doing the paid business portion or can you stay free. Everything starts to add up $.

We're working on getting started, and mind mapping everything that needs to be done, and the directions that we want to take. It's been more than a bit crazy getting everything down.

· Registered
1,461 Posts
I'm having a similar problem.
I'm getting a fair amount of views on my site and products but sales are slow.
How do you make these views turn into sales?
My site: Home / Arm Dogs
Check your analytics. How are people entering you site? Do they come from the home page or to specific shirt pages? What are they looking for when they get there? Are the looking for a band and getting your site instead or are they going specifically to you site.

And finally, because I probably should have started here, what is "a fair amount of views" to you?

· Registered
55 Posts
Actually, WallyHawks, thanks for great information that you shared with all of us. I'm a bit behind the wheel here and never heard of hootsuite. Is it the free version or paid version?

Also, are the social media sites that you guys are doing the paid business portion or can you stay free. Everything starts to add up $.

We're working on getting started, and mind mapping everything that needs to be done, and the directions that we want to take. It's been more than a bit crazy getting everything down.
Hootsuite does provide a Free, Paid and Enterprise. Free accounts provide 5 accounts and some basic feature. Check out the site to compare.

I would recommend and am currently using vkonnect.com, you can sign up for multiple account(with different emails) and they allow you to connect up to 50 different social site for free and manage various social post from your dashboard.
Basically send one post to up to 50 social sites at once.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, I don't have Google analytics, but will certainly look into it. Do you think it's useful to have a twitter or instagram feed on the site for more content?
The t shirts have been viewed around 300 times each. It's not loads but I haven't advertised at all.
Royster13, can I ask what about the designs you dislike?
Thanks again

· Registered
30 Posts
Hootsuite does provide a Free, Paid and Enterprise. Free accounts provide 5 accounts and some basic feature. Check out the site to compare.

I would recommend and am currently using vkonnect.com, you can sign up for multiple account(with different emails) and they allow you to connect up to 50 different social site for free and manage various social post from your dashboard.
Basically send one post to up to 50 social sites at once.

Wow! Great information for all. Thanks!

· Registered
9 Posts
I would avoid paying for anything on social media sites. Just keep on it, keep hammering away. It's a bit frustrating and takes time to grow it. Use hash tags and things like that to draw people in. Commonly used hashtags, not really long specific ones.

As far as is twitter/instagram/ etc etc worth having? I'd sign up for all of it. At least reserve your name. It is a ton of time to get on them all, all the time (a problem I'm having myself) but everyone is a new avenue and new potential customers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.