T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a website with 1000 different t-shirt designs. Until today I always advertised using ad-words for special keywords like "custom t-shirts, quality t-shirts, interesting t-shirts etc."

It's performing not bad, and not very good. So there is no profit from it until now. I get around %1 conversion rate.

I never thought of instagram and facebook advertising because, google adwords search is directly related to the people who are really looking for buying t-shirts. (Because they open google and search for t-shirts)

Now I wonder if there are people here who pay advertising fees on instagram and facebook ? How are they performing ?

· Registered
154 Posts
I have a website with 1000 different t-shirt designs. Until today I always advertised using ad-words for special keywords like "custom t-shirts, quality t-shirts, interesting t-shirts etc."

It's performing not bad, and not very good. So there is no profit from it until now. I get around %1 conversion rate.

I never thought of instagram and facebook advertising because, google adwords search is directly related to the people who are really looking for buying t-shirts. (Because they open google and search for t-shirts)

Now I wonder if there are people here who pay advertising fees on instagram and facebook ? How are they performing ?
I've used Facebook ads with limited success. The best opportunity, I've found, is targeted ads .....

Obviously, market to those who are most likely to buy. But my best success has come not even from direct sales of shirts but of local people seeing the ad and contacting me to do printing for them. At least in my area, no one seems to market "low volume" printing which is my niche using a 920WT.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've used Facebook ads with limited success. The best opportunity, I've found, is targeted ads .....

Obviously, market to those who are most likely to buy. But my best success has come not even from direct sales of shirts but of local people seeing the ad and contacting me to do printing for them. At least in my area, no one seems to market "low volume" printing which is my niche using a 920WT.
Hi, correct me if I am wrong. So you only advertised on Facebook, and you advertised with targeted ads. There were no great success about it, but it helped you to find potential customers who need high volumes of t-shirts ? and this resulted with returning customers, which is your biggest part of success?

· Registered
154 Posts
Hi, correct me if I am wrong. So you only advertised on Facebook, and you advertised with targeted ads. There were no great success about it, but it helped you to find potential customers who need high volumes of t-shirts ? and this resulted with returning customers, which is your biggest part of success?
Guess that was a bit confusing.

When I say I marketed on FB to target audience, these were individually designed shirts specific to that target. While it produced "some" results, where I ended up feeling somewhat successful with it was that it also (and I hadn't expected this) ended up being noticed by some local businesses who, in turn, contacted me about their own printing needs.

Hope that makes more sense?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guess that was a bit confusing.

When I say I marketed on FB to target audience, these were individually designed shirts specific to that target. While it produced "some" results, where I ended up feeling somewhat successful with it was that it also (and I hadn't expected this) ended up being noticed by some local businesses who, in turn, contacted me about their own printing needs.

Hope that makes more sense?
pretty clear now. But there is one thing in my mind.

are you paying for advertisement in some channel at the moment? Or are you continuing with repeated customers ? You just mentioned facebook.

· Registered
154 Posts
pretty clear now. But there is one thing in my mind.

are you paying for advertisement in some channel at the moment? Or are you continuing with repeated customers ? You just mentioned facebook.
I tried Google (just their free short term marketing piece) and received "0" responses from it.

To be more thorough, I have to say that I am semi-retired and not at all interested in blowing up with more production. Currently, I'm doing about all that I really "want" to do so I'm not sure I'm your best guide on how to grow further.

· Registered
4,500 Posts
Advertising without doing market research is useless!

There are 2 basic models of market research:
1. Find out what people are actively looking to buy, and make it, OR
2. Make something that you know people will want buy, if they see it.

Examples:
1. People starting in DTG printing, are likely to be searching for "DTG ink", and existing printers may be looking for "GTX inks".
2. Many of us would be interested in buying a digital plastisol printer, if we see one.

How you do market research?
Well, this is the money-making secret nobody will tell you, because the copycats are waiting.

What to expect:
If your products are unique and desirable, or your prices are competitive, you should be getting a 10-15% conversion rate. There is a lot more to it of course, but this is the basic idea.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Advertising without doing market research is useless!

There are 2 basic models of market research:
1. Find out what people are actively looking to buy, and make it, OR
2. Make something that you know people will want buy, if they see it.

Examples:
1. People starting in DTG printing, are likely to be searching for "DTG ink", and existing printers may be looking for "GTX inks".
2. Many of us would be interested in buying a digital plastisol printer, if we see one.

How you do market research?
Well, this is the money-making secret nobody will tell you, because the copycats are waiting.

What to expect:
If your products are unique and desirable, or your prices are competitive, you should be getting a 10-15% conversion rate. There is a lot more to it of course, but this is the basic idea.

I won't get a complete guidance, but I am hoping to get some hints to the secret of the success, since the aim of this forum is information sharing.

By the way I am not a global competitor, I felt that it is impossible to compete on global level since there are lots of big companies, so my website is in my local language, and I am trying to be successful in my country.

The conversion rates you mentioned are very high, for retail and e-commerce websites. I believe the average is around %3. My website's conversion rate is %1.5 at the moment from google searches.

I am looking for people, who advertises in other channels, and get good results.

· Registered
4,500 Posts
I won't get a complete guidance, but I am hoping to get some hints to the secret of the success, since the aim of this forum is information sharing.

By the way I am not a global competitor, I felt that it is impossible to compete on global level since there are lots of big companies, so my website is in my local language, and I am trying to be successful in my country.

The conversion rates you mentioned are very high, for retail and e-commerce websites. I believe the average is around %3. My website's conversion rate is %1.5 at the moment from google searches.

I am looking for people, who advertises in other channels, and get good results.

Well don't take my word for it... here is the proof:

As you can see

• around 25% eCommerce sites have conversions between 5% and 11% and,
  • around 10% of eCommerce sites have conversions above 11%.
Clearly 25% of eCommerce sites, are doing something the other 75% do not, or cannot do.

A few tips:
- Organize your products in niche sections
- Targeting 1,000 low volume, low competition niches, will produce more sales than targeting 10 high volume, high competition niches.

· Registered
4,500 Posts
Facebook is really brutal my friend. It's just like you are burning cash for nothing if you don't have clear strategy. You gotta be well prepared if you'd like to go there. For IG, it doesn't work for me.

Good luck
Instagram works only for very specific niches, and it is best to avoid if you are not an "expert" in a known well selling niche.

Facebook works very well for display advertising, which requires what I call "knowing what to sell".
Google ads work well, for things people are actually searching for.

· Registered
72 Posts

We advertise on Instagram, but we only use it to grow our Instagram page, and we don't really advertise on our page (@islkny). We learned a while ago that IG and FB advertising did not really help us to sell clothing.

One note, we have also just recently learned through experience that the only IG advertising worth using are Story ads. For about $20, we reach about 400,000 people. With regular ads, we were barely reaching 20,000.

Tomas

· Registered
1,568 Posts
Using facebook marketing u can remarket users who didn't convert i.e people who visited your site and didn't convert. You can your ad those specific target audience..

hashtagme

Yes. Anyone using facebook ads to direct people to their site should read up and fully understand how the facebook pixel can work for them.

Something to be wary of is using external links to your website in your facebook posts. Facebook doesn't like it's subscribers being directed away from facebook and will limit the reach of your posts.

· Registered
4,500 Posts
Yes. Anyone using facebook ads to direct people to their site should read up and fully understand how the facebook pixel can work for them.

Something to be wary of is using external links to your website in your facebook posts. Facebook doesn't like it's subscribers being directed away from facebook and will limit the reach of your posts.
Pixel is mainly for automating targeting, and re-targeting. That's really deep waters, and not for newbies.

If you don't know what you are doing, you will be burning money. That's a fact.

· Registered
1 Posts
Facebook is extremely crowded because it was shown to be the main platform for user acquisition and everyone got on it, check it out. In terms of targeting: what or how specifically are you aiming for at this moment? It seems awful to get 15 likes for about $17. Did you use the ad manager or the button under the image to directly enhance the post? Although they are both referred to as "boosted posts," I've heard that ads that are developed using the advertising manager rather than just boosted perform better. I'd also advise using the audience insights to review your targeting.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts