T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, folks. I have been buying hard-coated mugs to dye-sub, as I was initially advised that they are dishwasher/ microwave safe, unlike soft-coated mugs. Are there strengths associated with a soft-coating of which I am unaware? Under what circumstances might it be advantageous to use soft-coated mugs? I assume there must be something, as my supplier sells them side-by-side. This may be common knowledge, but I am somewhat new. Thanks in advance for any info...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your responses. As an example, when I go to Conde's site they make a point of saying a mug is "hard coated" under their regular white 11 and 15 oz mugs. Under their Deco section if you scroll down to the 11 oz mugs, you will find the same mug offered in hard and "softer" coatings; same price. So in this case it would not seem to be a cost differential issue, and I am assuming it must have something to do with preference. But I still don't know what the difference is, or the advantage of one over the other. I figure if they offer softer-coated mugs, someone must buy them, choosing them over and above the hard coating. I'd just like to know why...curious nature, I guess.

Here's the link.
Product Detail - DyeTrans.com

Thanks again for any response.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
go to the dyesub.org forum. Several coaters over there and they can tell you the differences and all that.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts