T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on a Mac Book using Adobe CS5.1. I have my designs already in a .jpg format and need to get the alignment right for the printer submission. I am trying to use the stock T-shirt template in Illustrator but I have a few issues. I am new to doing this and to this program. any insights into the below issues are appreciated.

Issues:
1. Only shows the front of shirt, I need front and back printing. Perhaps there is a better template out there?
2. Rulers do not reflect actual size of shirt; scaling issue. Says 1/4 of actual size but that is not possible. I need to have the exact location of the image for the printer.
3. Importing images from computer. I keep my files saved on my comp in .jpg format and can't find how to import them to the AI program without doing a cut and paste.

Thanks all. Cheers

· Registered
637 Posts
My first thought was... 'AI has a t-shirt template?!?'

I'll tell you what I've been doing and to me it works. I download the highest quality image of the type of shirt I'm using by searching on google images. Then I'll Take the shirt and open with ai and just copy and paste then resize the logo. That's just to give the customer an idea what it will look like. Now, I'm sure you could measure out a large T-shirt and then resize the image, etc... to be perfect. In the end I've never had anyone question it, but I'm pretty new to the whole game. Go Arsenal has some templates but I never got them to work at all. I'll have to check AI again for this t-shirt template you speak of.

· Registered
637 Posts
I'll be honest, I love working with vector files and only use jpg shirts because either I can't find a good vector template or they're too expensive. I always resize the vector and not the raster. After everything is done I save the .ai file and then save for web devices so regular people can view.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.