T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to figure if there's a way to make my current black body conveyer dryer into a forced air dryer.... Can it be as simple as cutting a portion of the top of my dryer off and just adding a blower to the top? Or could I hook a blower to the exhaust port in the top of the dryer to make it work? Or am I just crazy and don't understand how the whole forced air dryer works

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hows it going Mustang?

I just worked on this with our Lawson Omni dryer. It has 3 infrared elements and a center 8 inch exhaust hole. I print mostly with waterbased inks and I was looking to clear the steam out of the dryer and have the shirts cure more efficiently. I still set my dryer for about 2.5- 3 minutes, on a 3x10 foot dryer, so really slow belt speed. I bought a hydro farm active air 8 inch fan.

Image Viewer

I installed this at an 8 inch damper in our wall that I installed. The fan is about 7-8 feet from the exhaust of our dryer. I also got the fan controller and usually set it to medium. You can now see the steam after hitting the first element just go straight to the top of the dryer. This helps remove moisture in the dryer and cure the shirts more efficiently. When the exhaust air hits the fan it is down to about 110 degrees. You would want to check that to make sure it will not melt the fan in anyway. I do plan to get a new dryer in the future but this old tank from the 80's is still kicking.

·
Registered
263 Posts
An exhaust fan is not the same as the forces air units. Think of it as a furnace in your house. You have a fan/blower moving air over heat coils/panels to produce warm air movement. The forced air is what helps cure waterbase faster,not the exhaust. I bet if you had forced air you could run that belt speed 3 times as fast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.