T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

After a looooong time I started again my Toyota AD820 ... and get an error message "bad needle position"
No button/key responds ...

Any advice to solve this ?

(and I'm still looking for an user's manual ...)

Thanks foryour help
p

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not entirely familiar with this specific machine, but best guess would be either not in red/rest zone on degree wheel or head is stuck between needle change. Manually adjust and then try turning back on.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi,

I,ll try to adjust head position (how to...?)
Not sure to understand your 1st advice, sorry

Thks for your help
P
Should be a manual way to rotate the needle change mechanism to get it to another needle. If head isn't centered above throat plate, may give you needle position error. Some machines have a light beam sensor to know it is moving needles, some use a magnet and sensor. Need to make sure head is properly aligned.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,
Still having the problem, same message ...

I first think it was about one of the 6 needles position, but (as far as I understand ...) it's not related.
Seems there is no sensor, except the needle number switch, to detect the "horizontal" needle position.

So, I guess it is the "vertical" needle position, but I can't find the sensor, and not check nothing ...

@ElitePromo : the machine is old (1980 ... or so), no light or magnetic sensor for the needle(s). Or I can't find it.
I found only a tachymeter on the main axle.

Is someone has a "service manual" or "maintenance manual" .... i would like to get it !
All advices welcome

thanks for your help

·
Registered
141 Posts
Go to DataStitch.com. They have sold and serviced Toyota machines for decades. They have techs that work on older machines. This is a rock solid company. I used their software for years. I think they would be your best bet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Go to DataStitch.com. They have sold and serviced Toyota machines for decades. They have techs that work on older machines. This is a rock solid company. I used their software for years. I think they would be your best bet.
@cathyr
I'm in touch with them ... they recommand I send the machine. A little bit to far from France :)

Thanks you your help, if you have any advice ...
pm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts