T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we recently Purchased an Epson L1800 DTG printer and AcroRip 10.5.2
I am not able to get the white parts of the text to print, it is printing thethin white under the colorred pixels but it is priting the same thin white that is almost invisible for the actual white text. The white ink is set to 100%, not sure if I need to be using gradient instead, any help would be great, atached are settings an the shirt for reference.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
you mean you purchased a photo printer modified to print tee's as a dtg?

you have posted under the company brand 'dtg',
try searching in the diy dtg here (lots of info on acrorip/modified epsons)

edit: good website, nice simple designs, good company name, you should be good to go
all your designs could easily be done with a cutter and htv (save yourself alot of headache monkeying with the modified desktop printer)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for that splathead

if you did buy the L1800 fusion from 'DTG' brand, they offer 2 hour classes (they do cost a little, but it may be worth it)
Yea, the purchase actually came with the 2 hour class and I went through that, mostly setting up the printer and getting the settings correct, everything else works perfect except for this.
Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Try printing a full block of white at 30x40cm first, sometimes my first print of the day the white ink is thin despite the nozzle checks showing perfect lines, after I print a block of colors + white on transfer film (I was using dtf film) I noticed that the whites are thin on the top part and became thicker as the print goes on. I believe it was caused by either a semi coagulated white ink, or the whites on the print head got watery due to being in contact with the waste ink pad overnight (which contains cleaning solution from wet capping).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts