T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
781 Posts
what is the best printer to use with ACCURIP?..does it matter?
I think they list what printers work well with it on there website.

· Registered
60 Posts
I use an Epson Stylus Pro 4000 and it works great, prints are really good. Film positives are always nice an black.
Only slight issue is I work on Apple Mac and sometimes the software clashed with the Printer Preferences and the printers don't show up on the system, a reboot usually sorts it out though!!

· Registered
305 Posts
We use an Epson 1430 Artisan. We also have the Black Maxx ink cartridge system from Ryonet in the Artisan. We get super black prints on our films. We print out around five films or so every week. Very happy!
I was wondering, do you really need the Black Maxx system to get good prints when using Acurip? I use a CIS for my 1430 and the blacks come out great. What are the benefits for using the Black Maxx...Thanks in advance... Aloha

· Registered
3 Posts
I was wondering, do you really need the Black Maxx system to get good prints when using Acurip? I use a CIS for my 1430 and the blacks come out great. What are the benefits for using the Black Maxx...Thanks in advance... Aloha
We were using the Epson original six colors of inks, previously to the Black Maxx. There is a way to configure the printer settings to ensure a solid black print on the film when using the original six colors. (I forget how we did it without revisiting it.)

When we bought our AccuRip last Summer we took a chance on getting the Black Maxx cartridge system at the same time. We are very glad we took that chance because a six pack of the replacement cartridges is $99 which is cheaper than the Epson brand inks. The Black Maxx inks do last longer than using the Epson brand inks.

If your CIS works, I wouldn't change anything. Also I do not know what CIS means.

· Registered
217 Posts
There are plenty of uv ink out there in bulk that work very well. Inkjetmall sells it as well as other sites. If you have Accurip or one of the other rips you do not even need an all black system. As far as what is a good printer. I prefer the 17 inch models like the 3800 snd so on because the ink carts are much bigger 80 mls I believe versus the 1400 series which only hold 10 or 11 mls.

Steve

· Registered
305 Posts
We were using the Epson original six colors of inks, previously to the Black Maxx. There is a way to configure the printer settings to ensure a solid black print on the film when using the original six colors. (I forget how we did it without revisiting it.)

When we bought our AccuRip last Summer we took a chance on getting the Black Maxx cartridge system at the same time. We are very glad we took that chance because a six pack of the replacement cartridges is $99 which is cheaper than the Epson brand inks. The Black Maxx inks do last longer than using the Epson brand inks.

If your CIS works, I wouldn't change anything. Also I do not know what CIS means.
CIS is just a Continuous Ink System. Basically you replace the cartridges with some tanks that go in the printer and there is tubes that lead to an external ink feeder. This allows you to refill the tanks instead of the ink cartridges. thanks for the info. Always wondered if it was worth changing then buying another printer for color prints. Mahalo

· Registered
69 Posts
I purchased an epson 1430 to replace my old laser jet for film output and so far we love it! We do very little halftone work so have not invested in accurip yet but I can say that the 1430 prints plenty dark with the stock cartridges.

Also people say black max replacement ink is cheaper than epson but its only 22 bucks to replace the epson black ink cartridge.

We have been using this printer for 4 months now and although the winter is slow compared to the coming months, I have only had to replace the black ink cartridge once. Sooooo 4 months of dark film positives for about 45 bucks.

This time of year we print between 5 and 10 films per week I'd guesstimate.

· Registered
20 Posts
I have gone through three printers and by far I love my Epson Artisan. I buy refillable ink cartridges and have had no issues at all. Pennys to refill and they do sell true black refill ink. Love the printer.

Things could have changed but if I recall Epson is the only printer company - not talking industrial - that uses a crystal type plunger and not a piezo head to put the ink down on the paper. That means your software can adjust how far the plunger draws upward before it shoots the ink down on the paper. Bigger draw, more ink.

Simple explanation, but hope it works.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.