T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone uses software to manage/track your inventory. Do you use any software to keep track of customers and their orders?

If you were just starting out knowing what you know now what would you do to make your life easier come tax time (i.e. specific record-keeping habits, software, etc.)?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
27,690 Posts
Many shopping carts have inventory tracking capabilities. Once you start growing, this can be useful for accounting purposes.

You should definitely keep good records of sales, expensives, purchases, etc for tax purposes. My wife tracks it all in PeachTree accounting software before we hand it to the actual accountant. There are other accounting software packages that are probably just as good (Microsoft Money, Quicken, etc).

·
Registered
97 Posts
Go with a commercial accounting software. Quicken and Money are for personal use and do not provide the business side of accounting. I have used Peachtree and Quick books and those big companies want you to upgrade every year and it can get expensive, or they will stop providing you with support. They are getting more vicious by the year. If I could start over I think I would be researching some of the smaller companies that offer the tracking capabilities you are looking for. Peachtree is more user friendly in the thought process of navigation and enty use IMO. Crystal reports for Peachtree can give additional insight into your companies health for larger small and fast growing companies. ( for more money) But is usually not necessary. Same with mas400 or similar to integrate sales, inventory and etc.

·
Registered
243 Posts
QuickBooks... hands down! Been using for 15 years and never needed to call support. But maybe that's becasue I've been using it since the first DOS version.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We use QuickBooks Pro for the money/tax management and T-Quoter for the production management (I think they are adding an inventory somethingorother soon) and ADP for employee management. All programs talk to each other and exchange/share information as well as being able to accept credit cards.
Huge time saving here...huge!

-Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am just starting out in my T shirt/embroidery/imprinting business and am very excited. Trying to keep track of inventory and customer invoices while taking care of business is exhausting. I just purchased Quickbooks and am looking at T-Quoter. Any pro's or con's. thanks Susan

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I use Quick Books for all my accounting needs. This is hands down a great product. I have used it for the past 12 years. Good luck. ... JB

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have tried peachtree, myob, quickbooks, etc. and they all took so much time for me to setup or were overkills for the type of business i was doing so i eventually gave up on them.

What i have used and like very much is;

Invoice! WinPro Invoicing for the Small/Home Business (Invoice 2002)
OWL Software (Small Business Accounting but they also have other software that track inventory)

I like Invoice 2002 better than Small Business Accounting (more frills) but they both do a good job and don't require a lot of work to get started using.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Are you still looking for a business management software?
they have not been here for 13 years

plus all your posts are either outright spam or phishing

you would have been far better off making an actual effort,
instead of blindly dredging up any old post with a keyword search

you should have simply made a new account,
and figured out/asked how to add your website to your signature
made a decent introductory post explaining your business and what it offers
you still can redeem yourself here by deleting all your junk thus far and starting over

then contribute as needed without spamming (read the rules)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts