T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i sell minimal stock on ebay & was looking at setting up a website very soon so i can take credit cards...However at the moment i am happy with taking credit cards only over the phone! i currently use paypal, & with paypal someone that wants to pay via credit card also needs a paypal account. I have read a number of other similar posts regarding this in the past & see a fair few names pop up that seem similar to paypal but cheaper...At the moment i only really need to take credit cards over the phone, so want to know how this is done! Do you have to get a machine & if so who is the best company to use in the UK.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hello Dave. Buyers do not need a Paypal account to pay you through Paypal. It's in the FAQ.

You can build near-instant websites through Bigcartel and Shopify.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. what i was actually looking to do was just have a holding page up on the internet for a while...until the main site gets finished. With this holding site i was going to advertise just my phone number...so really i need a way of taking payments over the phone & not paying directly through the net until the other site is completed. Alternatively i'm a bit confused with paypal? How do you just take credit card payments over the phone!!!

I accept this payment on ebay at present, but if i have a holding page can i just send an invoice to them through paypal & they can pay with their credit card this way?

·
Registered
220 Posts
How do you just take credit card payments over the phone!!!
Paypal has something called Virtual terminal that allows you to do that. It's for the US only though.

can i just send an invoice to them through paypal & they can pay with their credit card this way?
Yes, you can. Click on 'Request money' in your Paypal page.
All you need is your buyer's e-mail address. They can give it to you over the phone, or get them to e-mail you first.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Paypal has something called Virtual terminal that allows you to do that. It's for the US only though.

Yes, you can. Click on 'Request money' in your Paypal page.
All you need is your buyer's e-mail address. They can give it to you over the phone, or get them to e-mail you first.
I use PayPal invoicing. You can send anybody with an email a invoice itemized if you wish and they pay via credit card. It's really simple and costs no more than the average credit card processing. About 3% +/-.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts