T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi , I have had some multi colour custom heat tranfers made in the past and I was really happy with the way they turned out . The artwork I previously submitted met all requirements regarding line thickness and no open lines . I would like to get some tranfers made using Jpeg images that I have , the resolution is high enough at 300 DPI . These tranfers would all be single colour so I cannot see why they would have to be made into Vector format . When I tried to change the images into vector I loose a lot of detail , so would this be acceptable art for custom transfers ? . I made my own screens just mucking around using EZScreen and the printed jpegs and was happy with the result .I understand there would be parts of the image that will not print but I am happy with that . Have attached one of the images I would like to work with . Many Thanks

· Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I vectorized the image you posted with *almost* no loss of detail

you can download a copy here in CS3 EPS format:
http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage2/images/4mtpclr1pf5y01rqp42v.zip
Holy Crap Brian that is amazing , that looks nothing like the file when I tried to vectorize the image , well done . I had no idea it was possible to get that kind of detail , I have no idea how you did that ? . Is that with the software you have created ? . Thanks so much , Bernie

· Registered
327 Posts
Holy Crap Brian that is amazing , that looks nothing like the file when I tried to vectorize the image , well done . I had no idea it was possible to get that kind of detail , I have no idea how you did that ? . Is that with the software you have created ? . Thanks so much , Bernie
Nope, I did that with a normal version of Illustrator

I find when going for extreme detail this is the best way to do it:

1. Place your image then select the little menu next to the live trace button and select "Tracing Options":
<--- Click to Enlarge

2. Enter all 1's in the section shown here:
<--- Click to Enlarge

That's all I did... Hope that helps you in the future :D

· Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, I did that with a normal version of Illustrator

I find when going for extreme detail this is the best way to do it:

1. Place your image then select the little menu next to the live trace button and select "Tracing Options":
<--- Click to Enlarge

2. Enter all 1's in the section shown here:
<--- Click to Enlarge

That's all I did... Hope that helps you in the future :D
Hi Brian , That has helped a lot thanks , I have Coreldraw 13 and WinPcpro and traced the image in both of these programs and it always changed the way the image looked . So I think I will buy Illustrator . Thanks , Bernie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.