T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend will be my first try at using CorelX4 and burning my first screens. OMG, I'm SO nervous.:eek:

I have a logo that was sent to me in .jpg format,(attached below) it's a 2 color front and will be single color back (text only on the back). I imported into Corel, went fine. (Or seemed to.) It looks fine, like it should, until I realized how low the dpi is--96. The .jpg was a decent resolution so I wasn't concerned, but I had to scale it down to make it manageable as a Corel file and print size. (10.5"x9.5", standard adult size). Can I adjust the dpi now, or do I need to do that when I import it in? Or....? I'm lost.

I bought all of Advanced Artists tutorials for Corel Draw and LOVED them, but can't seem to find a section covering this. It even covered color separating for printing, so I think I'll be able to manage my way through that (I might kick myself around my shop, but I'll get it done).

Also, I have the Epson 1400 Wide Format. At this point I do NOT need to do half tones, so I don't need a RIP, correct?

Can anyone tell me where I can get the films to print on? I have a local dealer here in town, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Waterproof? No? What size? I AM CLUELESS!!! LOL (Can't you tell?!?!? It's ok, you can be honest with me....LOL :D

Thank you all VERY much!!
I LOVE coming here for support.
I come here nightly and am a sponge. It's what I do before I undertake tasks. Same thing I did before I started embroidery, and that's what got me started in screen printing. LOL:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
would you be burning the screens using emulsion? What I would do is redo the screens in vector, so you will get nice sharp lines without any pixelation. This way you would not have to worry about the dpi so much. If you look at the books you bought for coreldraw, you should find a section on tracing. If you are using emulsion, what you will need for the film is to print out something that will be transparent.

I have used special tranparencies, tracing paper and even in a pinch normal white paper and cooking oil!

I had a look at the picture and you might have a little problem with the "stripes" on the picnic fabric. You might need some halftone dots for that part. Let me see what I can do with it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here is a brief draft of the jpg. You might still need to fix it up a little more.. import this svg file into coreldraw and you should be able to see what you have to do. Not sure if I am allowed to send you the url here so I PM'd you.

Cheers and good luck!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. Thank you all for your quick replies.

I did a trace, and already I see the difference and the zillions of things I did wrong. LOL

The trace came out fine, but needs fine tuning, which I will be working on later today.:eek:
I forgot about the quick trace feature. Stupid me. But it worked well. There are just a couple of spots I will need to clean up. Thankfully it's not a finely detailed piece. <shew>

Thank you all VERY much.:D

·
Registered
911 Posts
I just bought some waterproof DYE papers for my 1400 and it works great, the printer has clarion dye inks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts