T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here. I have a question of copyright of cliparts.

When I look at the my clipart book, it says

"You may use the designs and illustrations of graphics and crafts application, free and without special permission.
However, republication or reproduction of any illustration by any other graphic service is strictly prohibited."

I am a bit confused of those pharse.

If a third person make some design with these cliparts for me, and I use the design for t-shirt production.

Is that prohibited?

or I make new design with these cliparts and use them for t-shirt.
Is that prohibited?

I am very confused. If someone has a idea, please let me know.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Usually the clipart license will tell you if you can print t-shirts or how you can use it commercially.

Do you see any more text on the license page that explains commercial useage of the images in that book?

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
most clipart packages have limitations on how many reproductions you can do with said clip art image. Usually fairly high and if your using clip art more than likely youll never reach that amount.
"You may use the designs and illustrations of graphics and crafts application, free and without special permission.
However, republication or reproduction of any illustration by any other graphic service is strictly prohibited."
This means you cannot save their image and place in a collection of images for selling as a package. You can use the clip art in a design and print t-shirts without any problems.

You cannot print the clipart by itself on a shirt and sell thousands. Most clip art packages have a disclaimer about using the image solely for/on items for resale.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts