T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello!
some days ago I bought a new printer (epson c88+- havent recived it yet)
now I need a press...
I only started, so I thought it will be best to buy a press for hobby use.
like this one:
Panther Press: 9"x12" - Hobby Heat Press
Is it agood choice?
will it be enough (will the prints my new printer will be capable of printing enter a press this size?
what is there to know?
I live in Israel. do you know where is the cheapest price+shipping over the net?
thank you!!!

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
If you are just using this for a hobby and looking to print a few shirts for yourself it should be adequate. For a business, I would suggest something more robust.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yea, for a hobby; it'll be fine. But you also have to factor in, is the heat press big enough for your designs. I would recommend a atleast a 15x15. A very nice and cheap one can be bought at sunie.com

·
Registered
290 Posts
A heat press is one of those things that you should always buy the most you can afford. You will want something bigger than 12/15 and I can tell you that it will probably happen sooner than later. Even for a hobby type set up. Check out proworld's 15/15 and look at sunie. com and see what you can do.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
290 Posts
Both of these look like sunie presses but try to buy from sunie.com or a reputable ebay seller. You'll get a better price. Also the press from proworld might be a better buy due to easy access to customer service. I have a sunie press myself and while I have never had mechanical issues customer service amounts to trial and error.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you... this site was given to me by sunie.com. they said to try there because they dont ship to where I live.
so I understand its better to try and recive shipping prices from
pro-world....
the problem, as you can see from the prices shown there is the shipping.
those seiki presses which cost about 200$
cost me about 600$ due to shipping costs.

If I would buy a hix or maxx press, it would cost twice as much...
thank you!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
may be, by any chance, anyone knows this press?
this one is sold near by, it will be nice if its a good one too...
thanks!
3_B.jpg

4_B.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks!
why will I want a bigger one? this one is 15*15 inch... I understood this was the reccomended size...
which brand is this press?
thanks again!

·
Registered
290 Posts
15/15 Is basically like the starting size. It is a good place to begin. Bigger and wider is always better because it give you a lot of flexibility but that size will allow you to get your feet wet without breaking the bank. With that said, buy the biggest and best press you can afford. Remember used is an options as well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
thank you all...
before the last post was posted, I managed to buy this one...
how is my purchase?
Wholesale heat press machine Product-2010 New Arrival! Heat Press Machine BEST QUALITY!
allthough it seems cheap- to me it costs 517$... thats before it enters Israel...
Congratulations on your new heat press and welcome to the fun world of heat transer printing, I hope it works well for you.

I have a Sunie 15 x 15 and have printed about 150 shirts now, .......... with no press problems at all. What a shame that no one in Israel carries a good cheap heat press so you could have gone and looked at one and saved all that shipping cost. But hey, enjoy your new press and be sure to keep us posted once you receive it and put it to use.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts