T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a newbie here and hope someone can help me. I mention this in another thread, but it might be better to start a new thread.

I am looking for an alternative t-shirt that is as soft as AA shirts, but to me the AA is too tight fit. Is there an larger fit version of AA? I tried Royal Apparel but they are basically the same fit as AA. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
If you aren't looking for the "cut" of AA shirt, then I think Hanes Beefy Tees (style 5180) and Jerzees Zt (style 18z) are all soft ringspun "fully sized" t-shirt styles.

AlternativeApparel is softer than americanapparel (I think), but the sizing is pretty similar.

I haven't tried article1 yet (ordering samples next week), but I've heard the quality is similar to AA.

I tried Royal Apparel but they are basically the same fit as AA. Any suggestions?
I know RoyalApparel has 2 lines of clothes. Did you try both? I know one is supposed to be more "normal" sized.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rodney said:
I know RoyalApparel has 2 lines of clothes. Did you try both? I know one is supposed to be more "normal" sized.
I have try their premium and Grand t-shirts. They are a bigger cut, but it is not as soft as their regular line.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Are AA products the standard for t-shirts sold online? Or at least for those of us in this forum.
There is no standard for t-shirts sold online when it comes to which garment to use :)

It all depends on your specific market. Some t-shirt brands would crash and burn if they tried using americanapparel t-shirts while it may fit other t-shirt lines perfectly.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
hongkongdmz said:
Are AA products the standard for t-shirts sold online? Or at least for those of us in this forum.
Something to consider - Even though it seems like a lot of people are printing on them, there are quite a lot of people that the AA cut doesn't work for because of their body type.

No matter how awesome a shirt design is, if the shirt won't fit me properly, I won't buy it. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jasonda said:
No matter how awesome a shirt design is, if the shirt won't fit me properly, I won't buy it. :)
I agree, which is 1 reason why I am wondering is there a shirts thats similar to AA but a larger cut. BeefyT 5180 is soft but it is too thick.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Article 1 is just as fitted as AA if not a little more. AltApp is basically the same as AA, maybe a bit looser, but the shirt material is much softer and stretchier so it doesn't feel nearly as constricting.

You might want to try the AAA 1701 by Alstyle. Really soft, full cut, 5.5 oz ringspun. And sweatshop free. I thought about using them but decided to go with AltApp.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
You may also want to try the M&O Knits 5.5 oz t-shirt. It's soft ringspun cotton, but not as heavy as a beefy tee. Nicely sized.

AlternativeApparel blanks (aao5) might be worth checkout out as well. They do "feel" looser like Chris said.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
hongkongdmz said:
They're not standard for those in the forum (there is no forum standard, though aa, Hanes Beefy and Gildan seem to be three of the more popular choices).

They are completely standard amongst indie web sellers, mid-range fashion tees, etc. (i.e. a certain circle of demographics). There are exceptions, but they are just that: exceptions.

As Rodney said, it does depend on your market. Were Jinx or ThinkGeek to start using them for example, they could expect to go bankrupt overnight (a slight exaggeration perhaps... ;)).

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
xburner said:
I am looking for an alternative t-shirt that is as soft as AA shirts, but to me the AA is too tight fit. [...] Any suggestions?
The closest I've found so far is the FOL 50/50 Best - it's soft and thin and "normal" sized. It's the closest, but it's by no means close. It's a nice shirt (and cheap), but it's still no aa for thin/soft.

I haven't tried the M&O that Rodney recommended, but it sounds promising (the combination of being lightweight and ringspun is the main thing aa have going for the fabric - the M&O is a lot heavier than aa, but so is everything else on the market).

·
Registered
303 Posts
Maybe, I'll just check with quality vs. cost + what my target market likes. I'll still buy a few samples from AA though to see their quality although I dont think I'll choose them in the future. Thanks for the info though, it'll come in very useful later. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts