T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had any problems trying to set up an account with american A? i have everything you need for a wholesale account but i am not what they are looking for they said. any help is appreciated. thanks

· Registered
4,237 Posts
Re: aa act?

Basically setting up accounts with companies is a straight up thing. They ask you for certain information according to their policy, you complete the form and thats it.

I guess not enough information provided, bad credit and other issues may effect the account setup. Otherwise, i honestly don't see why any company would refuse a new client.

like they say, if it does not work the first time. Try again. :)

:

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: aa act?

all info was provided they said that they only supply:
Advertising Specialty Companies (ex. ASI/ PPAI members)
Embellishing companies (such as screen printers, embroiderers, etc.)

where does someone like me fall that has; resale id, tax id, a line of credit and numerous referrals?

anybody else out there use AA and private label with them? did anybody have this problem like i have? thanks

· Premium Member
13,203 Posts
has anyone had any problems trying to set up an account with american A?
If you do a search you'll see that, yes, many people have.

where does someone like me fall that has; resale id, tax id, a line of credit and numerous referrals?
All of those are irrelevant if you're in the wrong kind of business. All they prove is that you have a business: American Apparel are careful about who they sell to in order to protect their wholesale customers.

The short version is, if you're outsourcing production you don't need to direct source the blanks, and they prefer to sell to your printer (or other decorator) rather than you.

You didn't say what kind of business you're running, so we have no idea if you should have qualified for an account or not. But there's more to it than business licenses.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the plan of the business is alot like everyone else on here to create some clothing and sell it. in there FAQ's under wholesale it says that they will be more than happy to drop ship to "you screenprinter". that there in itself tells me the pick and chose who they want. anyone have a number i can call that you can pm me? thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.