T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off why doesnt no one talk about Stahls A2Z is it good or does it suck, and if its good how does it stack up against GeoKnight heatpresses.
The geo knight is so expensive for something just 14X16 . HOWEVER I ll still buy it because geoknight has a cap attachment which is only 375.

Should i buy the a2z swingman stahl with a stahl hat press
or get the geoknight 14X16 with the cap attachment.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
I don't do caps, so nothing to say about that aspect of your choice. Stahls has some presses with very neat feature sets, but I went with the GeoKnight because of their history of having reasonable prices on parts and of actually having parts for older models. In particular I looked into the cost of replacing the control electronics, as that is the most likely thing die on a modern press.

That A2Z looks like a simpler model for a Stahls, no touchscreen, so probably less expensive to repair, and less likely to break in the first place than some of their other offerings. Looks like a good value. (I was looking at their Fusion, which costs a lot upfront, and a lot to fix.)

I'm sure someone on here has direct experience with the A2Z. Maybe say more about what you plan to do with it, and someone might be able to comment on how well it works for that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My big complaint with presses has always been having enough room to get the garment or hat in the press and still having the room to line up the artwork, and then to be able to close the press without anything moving. This functionality is only available in the more expensive presses. You get what you pay for.

Good presses are very heavy, so unless you are located close enough to pick it up, one third of your cost may be for shipping.

I've tried a few presses, and found that combo presses always sacrifice functionality to save a few dollars. I am now a believer in stand alone presses. A few months ago, I went through a new phase of upgrading. After many hours of watching comparisons on You Tube and various suppliers' sites, I ended up buying a new Galaxy 16" x 20" slide out shirt press and a Galaxy hat press. They were about half the price of the big name companies presses with the same functions. However, they were heavy and came on pallets, I paid around $600 just for shipping.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
My big complaint with presses has always been having enough room to get the garment or hat in the press and still having the room to line up the artwork, and then to be able to close the press without anything moving. This functionality is only available in the more expensive presses. You get what you pay for.

Good presses are very heavy, so unless you are located close enough to pick it up, one third of your cost may be for shipping.

I've tried a few presses, and found that combo presses always sacrifice functionality to save a few dollars. I am now a believer in stand alone presses. A few months ago, I went through a new phase of upgrading. After many hours of watching comparisons on You Tube and various suppliers' sites, I ended up buying a new Galaxy 16" x 20" slide out shirt press and a Galaxy hat press. They were about half the price of the big name companies presses with the same functions. However, they were heavy and came on pallets, I paid around $600 just for shipping.
i know proworld has free shipping in the usa, and i seem to recall others do as well

you can get a swingaway press that will solve your artwork/pressing issues (i think a hix swingman20 is only about $800, and the swingman15 is about $600)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I get that but geo knight is p4p the best along with hix and stahls , Im well aware of those chineese amazon rip off heatpresses that have an all in one but
geo knight is one of the industry heavy hitters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts