T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last month I trademarked the name Mike Hawk. 2 weeks ago I out-sourced shirts and sold them in record time. 20shirts in 2 hours, in person....

Now I know I'm onto something big. I purchased the equipment and will be producing my own shirts, from my garage.

I aquired 2 domains and a starter website.. All inactive at this time. What's next? Should I get a designer? What's the simplest way to sell my shirts on a website?

My shirts will sell themselves. I just need something simple to work with. Effective, reliable and safe from hackers. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am using a designer, and the money end of things is through a program called OScommerce. So far it seems simple though I have just been playing around with loading in the product and descriptions... we are not live yet.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Looks like you began the trademark process, but the name isn't trademarked yet (that can take a year or more).

Next, you could come up with a few design ideas and find a designer through a place like elance, designoutpost.com, t-shirtlogos.com, etc. Then you could print the designs.

You could setup a website using shopping cart software like oscommerce, cubecart, etc. You would also need to figure out a way to accept payments (merchant account for credit cards, paypal, etc).

You may also want to setup some sort of business structure (sole proprietor, partnership, LLC, etc). Since it looks like your business name is the same as your name, this might not be necessary (but could still be a good idea to help keep things separate).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info... That's good stuff

I think I will outsource some shirts while I'm getting set up. I haven't decided on an LLC. or a Sub Chapter-S.. I'm a single guy and I've been getting taxed to death. Time for a change.
I'll check into all that software. Looks like I should print this info..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts