T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow - thanks Rodney for this post - I am new to the forums and to the industry and this post was so helpful - looks like it was started in 2007 and it's still very helpful!

Does anyone know if the reviewed companies still offer sample kits? There are a couple that I would love to contact for samples. Does Pro World offer sample kits? I've checked them out but was wondering how they compare and if I can get a kit?

Also - Rodney, were you using shirts you already had or did you order shirts before you started? Were they 50/50 blends - if you remember after all these years ;)

Thanks - Jon

·
Registered
17 Posts
I followed this threat a little while back and decided to try and request samples from almost everyone on that list. What I found was a lot of them had moved to a paid sample pack. Some of them, such as Howard, Transfer Express and First Edition sent me samples for free and very quickly.

I have had the chance to use all of them and each differ in their own little way. For me Transfer Express was the easiest and most consistent in final quality. Having said that - First Edition was really easy and a good quality as well. I did have a couple issues with one of their screens but when I called and talked to Janet I realized it was my lack of experience that caused the issue.

Howard sent mostly sports items, Transfer Express send a nice range of their options and First Edition did the same but also included some glitter and foil options. I emailed everyone and either had to fill out a form or chatted via email. I didn't have to speak to anyone, which in a way was kind of nice.

To me the biggest factor was Janet at First Edition - she was amazing and super nice. plus I like their options and gang printing options. Transfer Express was nice, they never followed up and seem to be a big company and I didn't really have any personal contact with them, though I did like their product. It really came down to Transfer Express and First Edition for starting out, and because of the attention to detail, helpfulness and the feeling like they actually wanted my business I went with First Edition - Janet really is awesome. She was super helpful with setting up my custom transfers.

That's not to say that I wont use another option for a different type of screen - like if I moved into sports First Edition would full fill that need.

Having said all this, I have been seriously considering moving into the screen option as well. Setting up a little studio in my house. I'm thinking this because it's a lit easier to do one offs and not have to order 12-15 minimum. Yes it takes a bit longer but once the screen is done I can save it and ink is fairly cheep. This would allow me to showcase an actual printed shirt on my site as well and not a mock-up I created.

So, that's where I'm at. I'd love to hear where some of you others are at.

Jon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.