T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Business is so sloooow today so finding and watching this video kinda lighten things even just a bit. I think they're brazilian.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziuKDdGt9yg&feature=player_embedded#[/media]Except for the dancing, that's how I printed as a hobby. We call it the eyeball method. So, who says printing is expensive and boring? As they say, if there's a will there's a way:eek:.

Edit: Based on the post of taricp35 below, I took a closer look and a line table style registration system is indeed used.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I don't think it is really eyeballing, they usually have a nail somewhere on the screen to line up the image, the rest of the registration is done on the screen before printing starts. Usually a registration board. Look closely you can see a nail on one screen when they start dancing.

I do agree with you though the big boys will lead you to believe that you "need" all this expensive equipment, it's not a requirement but it sure makes things easier. :)

Why buy a manual when you can pay them a few nickles to do it. They are enjoying themselves though.

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I don't think it is really eyeballing, they usually have a nail somewhere on the screen to line up the image, the rest of the registration is done on the screen before printing starts. Usually a registration board. Look closely you can see a nail on one screen when they start dancing.

You are right. I took a closer look and they use a registration typical of a line table system.

That's how I approach work every day!

How are they stacking them and not getting ink on the shirts?

Don't just print a shirt. Print the hell out of it.:D
It's the ink. Our regular waterbase inks can be stacked just after a few minutes on the platen. The video is in seconds though but stacked without pressure. When I was still using these quick drying inks, I never tried stacking them in seconds though.

I don't see table adhesives.

That video would have been a very entertaining one had it been choreographed with nice samba music.

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
There are so many inks with different characteristics that sometimes its confusing to change inks or brands. These fast curing inks are recommended to be use with a fixing agent. But the cheaper inks I used as a hobby and in printing school uniforms as a sideline many years ago are just left to sun-dry way short of curing temperature. They ink seems to hold up relatively well as one of these uniforms are for a local school in my wife's hometown so we had the chance to observe tif the ink fades or not.

Frankly, everything started to become more complicated when I started to print "the professional way". No regrets though. But it would be difficult to convince many veteran printers to shift to more expensive "better" inks like the long drying inks I use :D. And they have many repeat customers who like what they do

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.