T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am embarassed to ask but I tried for a couple of hours at Spreadshirt trying to design a simple t shirt with my own graphic and I could not get it to look good:

I am using Paint Shop Pro to put up a text graphic using a handwriting font (which was why I did not use the text mode in Sprshrt). I saved it in .png using the PSP png exporter with 1.7M colors and transparent checked for white but when I uploaded it, I could not read the text on the sample shirt. It was black text on a natural color shirt.

Now, I don't know if this is wysiwyg or just a representation for positioning the graphic on the shirt but I did not want to spend 20 bux and 2-3 days to find out. How come these guys don't have a tutorial for Noobs?

So can anyone provide a magic solution before I give up :) Thnx in advance

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
have you given up yet ? :) lol

dont know how speadashirt works, but usually with text/fonts you convert them to curves so that it works with all types of graphic software..... du-no though.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I saved it in .png using the PSP png exporter with 1.7M colors and transparent checked for white but when I uploaded it, I could not read the text on the sample shirt. It was black text on a natural color shirt.
If I remember correctly, for the light/white colored t-shirts, you need to save the graphic with a WHITE background, not a transparent background.

Since their printing process for white/light colored t-shirts doesn't include white ink, the white automatically becomes "transparent" when you view it on the site (and on the finished product).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts