T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I was thinking--which can be a dangerous thing! So, instead of using a two-part transfer what if one were to print out a background on white transfer and contour cut it and press it on and then also contour cut the (multi) colored transfer and then press that on? Or maybe even cut out a white base from HTV?

Would it be that much more difficult than using the two-part? I suppose it could be a bear to line up. But would it even work? I'm sure it wouldn't work as good as the guy who has the video of discharging a shirt and then heat pressing.

· Registered
4,497 Posts
Ha! Just last night I was in bed once again pondering the possibilities rather than sleeping ;-)

To be practical, I think the "magic" system needs to incorporate the discharge agent in the transfer paper. Though, this may not be possible. That eliminates the heavy hand of a crack-prone white underlayer, any need for multiple fiddly steps, as well as the troublesome prospect of aligning some sort of DIY two-part process.

One would simply print the transfer paper, cut off the excess from around the image, and press it. Well ... after inventing the chemistry that makes this possible.

· Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, sometimes I have to check myself. I've had the thought of, "When discharge printing, why not just press ALL the colors and THEN run it through the drier without flashing anything?" But then I figure that this has probably been tried and rejected by somebody. I'm guessing the flash is necessary in order to make the white underbase pop before laying down some color and that the white will not pop if there's another color already laid on top of it.

But that's why I keep you guys around!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.