T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone, this is Denis Compton and Australian cartoonist Shane Stringer. We have created a range of 'T' shirt characters under the title A Load of Old Bulls. Take a peek here A Load Of Old Bulls We are here to learn all that we can about promoting, marketing and selling 'T' shirts so we would appreciate helpful advice from anyone that can offer suggestions especially those drawn from their own personal experiences.

· Registered
1,521 Posts
I would remove picture of the bodybuilder in swimming thongs or whatever those are :)

Nothing wrong with being a builder and taking care of your body, but this is not bodybuilding store I presume. So no need for photos in thongs :D Further more I would remove those sun glasses. Eyes are the window to the soul. I would change that picture with sunglasses with the one without, with a feeling in the eyes : you can trust me. Rather then: I am cool...

So to sum this up: I ain't buying from a dude who wears thongs -.-

joke aside: Rather then copyright crap on the back of your t-shirts you can put the story behind your brand if you really need to put some text. Or very small logo and some small text...

Or you will be the only one on this planet selling t-shirts with copyright stamp on the product.

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Our prices are inclusive of shipping.....we see 'T' shirts advertised for $21.99 then they add almost $10 for shipping.....that makes them even more expensive than ours......also if people are happy the spend $85 for a Basketball Shirt...then we believe $29.99 inclusive of shipping is a very reasonable price to pay for an original exclusive design......just our thoughts.....but we appreciate your input.

· Registered
1,521 Posts
Our prices are inclusive of shipping.....we see 'T' shirts advertised for $21.99 then they add almost $10 for shipping.....that makes them even more expensive than ours......also if people are happy the spend $85 for a Basketball Shirt...then we believe $29.99 inclusive of shipping is a very reasonable price to pay for an original exclusive design......just our thoughts.....but we appreciate your input.
I will share my view on this...

Your primary goal is that customer puts that t-shirt in the cart. I will give you 3 examples:

1)your example: customers see 30 bucks worth shirt and it says: damn 30 bucks, a little expensive. And t-shirt don't end in customers cart
2)customer see 20 bucks t-shirt, looks like a normal price. Put it in the cart and makes all the info which are needed to make a purchase and comes to the last step where he see shipping is 10 bucks. He is in doubt. I made so many steps and now I will not buy? Or f*** it, i made so many steps, I am gonna buy this no matter what,cause I prepared my self mentally to make this purchase
3)The same like 2) with a little twist. After customer decide not to buy it, he gets a mail with a discount on shipment for let's say 5 bucks? And he comes back and buy a t-shirt and u make a buck and he gets a t-shirt

What I am trying to say is it is all about the strategy. Only you can decide which one is the right one for you, but your success will depend on that decision. Is it the right or wrong time will tell.

· Registered
4,694 Posts
I don't think your pricing is out of line. If people want it, they will buy it. You have something original, not yet another "World's Greatest Dad" shirt, so they buy yours or they go naked :p

That said, tactitically, I think it is better to remove the shipping costs from the shirt price and calculate shipping according to each customer's location. This gives the customer a smaller number to contemplate when considering the shirt, which is physcologically to your advantage.

That said, if you expect to sell a lot outside of Oz, you might want to split the difference ... retain a bit of the shipping costs in the shirt price, but offer a separate shipping cost that comes in lower than expected.

I hope your sales go Bull-istic ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.