T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been making T-shirts for a pretty long time using an inkjet printer and transfer paper. I know you can make mouse pads using a similar process. I gave it a shot and there are a couple of things I just don't understand.

1. How do you center the image on the mouse pad? You can't see through the back of the transfer paper, so how do you know if it's in the right place?

2. How do you cut the extra transfer paper once it's on the mouse pad? You do that after you press I would think right?

I'm not sure if this discussion is allowed here, since it's not about shirts... If not, SORRY! :)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
You can't see through the back of the transfer paper, so how do you know if it's in the right place?
What transfer paper are you using...I use jetwear and I can see through my paper. You should use either jetwear or transjet.

How do you cut the extra transfer paper once it's on the mouse pad? You do that after you press I would think right?
You don't cut the transfer paper once its on the mouse pad. You would cut it to the shape of your design before you transfer it. Then just peel it off after it is transfered.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure of the brand. It has a red grid on the back. I suppose if part 2 of your answer (Cutting before putting it on the press) is the way to do things, then it wouldn't matter if you can see through the paper or not, since it's already the right size... Right?

It seems kind of like a pain in the tush! I make tees all the time, and I use a paper cutter to cut the transfers. Very easy. With a mousepad, these things have rounded edges... That seems like it would be very tedious to do. What do you use? Hand scissors? How do you cut it to the exact size of the pad?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
You've been making t-shirts for a long time, yet you don't know what paper you use? ;) You'll definately want to use a quality paper or the designs will tend to fade or crack quickly.

It shouldn't be that much effort to cut paper to size with a straight-cutter then manually trimming the round corners... but I imagine you could probably find or make some sort of cutter to cut the paper directly into mousepad shape.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello

To make a mouse pad you print the image slightly larger than the mouse pad. Lay the transfer paper down then place the mouse pad ove rthe transfer paper. Pick both up at the same time, flip and place in the press together. Press on heavy for about 15 sec.

There,. you have a mouse pad. I have been imprinting mouse pads for over 7 years, that is how our busines started.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts