T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there my name is Lucinda, i am just starting out a t shirt designer, i love tee's and live in them, they are my must have i find it hard to look for unique t shirts, so ive decided to design and sell my own, ive lots of ideas and inspiration but i dont know where to start, i have 2 questions and would be very grateful on any answers and tips, 1) can anyone recommend a software package so that i can create my ideas on my computer, remember i am a complete beginner at t shirt designing etc, 2) can anyone recommend a company to print the final designs, i have trawled the internet myself but am so far not having much luck, i am keen to get started asap, many thanks

· Registered
3 Posts
For screen printers, the yellow pages will get you the local shops that list, but check local papers and local e-classifieds. If there is a screen supplies shop, there will be cards of the 'garage' printers posted somewhere. Ask the sales people there who they know too. But as above, you will want to look at their product so shop around. Ask to see samples of work if you can't window shop their wares.

A good price means nothing if the work looks like junk.

If you know who or where your designs are geared for, check for possible contacts through small retailers. If a trade show or related convention is available, that might find some good connection too.

Ask questions! A patient printer will love to talk shop.

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For screen printers, the yellow pages will get you the local shops that list, but check local papers and local e-classifieds. If there is a screen supplies shop, there will be cards of the 'garage' printers posted somewhere. Ask the sales people there who they know too. But as above, you will want to look at their product so shop around. Ask to see samples of work if you can't window shop their wares.

A good price means nothing if the work looks like junk.

If you know who or where your designs are geared for, check for possible contacts through small retailers. If a trade show or related convention is available, that might find some good connection too.

Ask questions! A patient printer will love to talk shop.
thanks that brill

· Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Another thing you can do to find a printer is put an ad in the recommendations and referrals section of this forum. State your location and folks can recommend printers they know of in your area, or they can offer their own services if they provide it. It's like any other time you are interested in starting a new working relationship, check them out and ask for samples. :)

Next, if you don't have alot of start up funds for graphics software you can try freeware. Many folks use these products to start, some stay with them as they do get the job done:
corel style freeware = inkscape.org
photoshop style freeware = gimp.org

There are tutorials on youtube for all of these programs. :)

· Registered
3 Posts
...Next, if you don't have alot of start up funds for graphics software you can try freeware. Many folks use these products to start, some stay with them as they do get the job done:
corel style freeware = inkscape.org
photoshop style freeware = gimp.org

There are tutorials on youtube for all of these programs. :)
Ooooh, Thanks. News for me too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.