T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
jared_aronson said:
I am new to photoshop, so I searched the net to find tutorials to help me learn the program. I found a great site with tons of tutorials www.pixel2life.com . I think you will find this site very usefull in learning photoshop and other graphic programs.
Thanks for the resource. Do you use photoshop to do your designs? I tried but found illustrator so much more conducive to designing artwork. This will come in handy if I ever try photoshop again.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
sarafina said:
Thanks for the resource. Do you use photoshop to do your designs? I tried but found illustrator so much more conducive to designing artwork. This will come in handy if I ever try photoshop again.
I find I need both Illustrator and Photoshop....both have tools which I can't live without. I'm forever flicking between them.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeah, why don't they just put all the toolss in one program. It drives me nuts to jump. And then theres all the others in the suite. Indesign, image ready, cue, bridge. Man, can you say learning curve?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
3oats said:
Yeah, why don't they just put all the toolss in one program. It drives me nuts to jump. And then theres all the others in the suite. Indesign, image ready, cue, bridge. Man, can you say learning curve?
Mainly because that one program would cost $3000.

They sell more splitting it up.

If they didn't, 90% would use hacked copies, and soon there would be no Adobe.

·
Registered
123 Posts
3oats said:
PATENTS!!! Different software developers own Patents on certain software features. So most application do similar things only differently.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sarafina said:
I actualy use photoshop and illustrater. Due to my md (musculer distrophy) I am only able to draw on my pc. If I could I would sketch my pictures by hand. I would then scan the pics and trace them in illustrater or use streamline which would convert the pics to vector for me.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I am new to photoshop, so I searched the net to find tutorials to help me learn the program. I found a great site with tons of tutorials www.pixel2life.com . I think you will find this site very usefull in learning photoshop and other graphic programs.
Jared if you really want to get control of photoshop then lynda.com is the site you need to be subscribing to.

Deke McClelland OneOnOne video training series will take you from novice to master in the use of tools and techniques. (He also contributes improvements to the program) You can view tons of chapters for free on his personal site deke.com (I bet that your knowledge of PS improve drastically on your first visit and that you keep returning for more ;)) Then you can visit the other PS communities for inspiration/tips 'n tricks, there are tons out there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts