T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, when I was uploading a t-shirt to the gallery, I hit 'upload' and then got this error, "The description for your file is too long (289 characters). Please shorten it to 250 characters or less." Would it be possible to prevent us from typing more than 250 characters instead of having to go back and then guess in order to correct it?

Also, this might be a 'pre-release' feature right now, but often when I try to go back to the main page through various links I hit the 'coming soon' page instead of the forum index. Just thought I'd mention it in case it was an... er... 'undocumented feature' as we used to call them in the technical writing world. :D

:)
Kristen

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
foxvox said:
First, when I was uploading a t-shirt to the gallery, I hit 'upload' and then got this error, "The description for your file is too long (289 characters). Please shorten it to 250 characters or less." Would it be possible to prevent us from typing more than 250 characters instead of having to go back and then guess in order to correct it?
Good idea, I'll see if I can find some javascript that will keep it from allowing more characters. Maybe there is a form field value that will stop it. I'll look into that.

Also, this might be a 'pre-release' feature right now, but often when I try to go back to the main page through various links I hit the 'coming soon' page instead of the forum index. Just thought I'd mention it in case it was an... er... 'undocumented feature' as we used to call them in the technical writing world.
Yeah, that's been happening to me too :) I may end up launching a bit earlier than planned.

I've been trying to hold off on an "official" launch because there are so few threads, I don't want people to be scared away or think it's vacant.

The search engines are already picking up on the various forum areas, and there should be more people joining the pre-launch soon, so I may just "open up the gates" and see what happens.

Any thoughts on the pros and cons of waiting?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Waiting? Well, if you can get at least a few threads going, it WILL seem more inviting, I think. Most people don't like to be the first people to a party, right? *grin* So I guess I'd say... if you can fill up a little first, then delay, otherwise, if you don't think you'll get ALL that many posters without the official 'go', then you might as well just go now. (Helpful, no?)

My S.O. had a forum for a little while - got a lot of lookers but no posters, and he ended up closing it and going to a blog format instead (it was for interesting news links mostly).

Maybe you should ask Lorilei if you can post your giveaway specifics on great gear - that might drum up some more activity? :)

:)
Kristen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts